Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a T2se, a G2, and an Omega8000. The T2 is the best all around and by far the deepest. It will suffer more from EMI but I’ve only encountered a couple instances where it can’t be tamed. With that being said, for parks and yard hunting, I would be grabbing the F75+. It’s got much better tone and process options than the T2, more coil options, backlight, and other coin hunter features that the T2 doesn’t. You’ll really like the compressed iron section and expanded upper scale for coins over the T2’s compressed upper end and expanded lower end. Being able to run all tone modes in all processes makes it worth the money over a t2 for me. That’s after many many hours on the t2.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would also mention the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro. It’s a G2+ or F19. 399. That would be a great first machine for sure. With a cors strike 12x13” coil my G2 will get deep and still have good separation. Also they are EMI bomb proof man. No emi will stop a g2 lol.

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 Technetics detectors. I love the T2. It is light, easy to use and it searches deep. I would definitely recommend it. I will say the stock coil was good but i had trouble with EMI so i switched to a Mars Tiger coil and it really helped. Plus it's fast! Great recovery speed. I am hunting places that i could never hunt before because of the electrical interference using the stock coil.

Wish the T2 had the coil choices like the F75, concentric coils for city searching.....reason I would go with the F75. Long time Teknetic user here.....miss the Teknetic machines of old.....before they switched to 1st Texas.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I can assure you the F70/Patriot can find silver and gold rings, pins, earrings and chains, coins both deep and shallow, plus just about everything else in just about any site and situation from heavy trash to iron, in heavy EMI sites and even in mineralization.
It also balances down to salt at the beach.
It can do this with just about any coil but in trashy parks a sniper or a concentric makes it easier.
You can set it low, high or anywhere inbetween and you can grow into it and advance at your leisure.
Trust me, I know.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They say the T2 is the best.
I LOVE my Omega though, Great machine that finds THE tiniest pieces of metal you can imagine.
That upgrade was a quantum leap for me.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), XP ORX (X35 11")
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a minuteman which needs to go back to Texas because it is turning off an on by itself. Had the T2 LTD and it is a nice unit and has aftermarket coils available. It does have it's shortcomings, but all metal detectors do in one way or another.
Of the things I noticed with the T2 LTD were it was susceptible to EMI like any other detector can be. Most of the time it was not possible to go above 70 on sens due to chattering. It found me loads of clad AND my first silver dimes, war nickels and quarters. The stock coil was not for me and all of my good finds were with the Cors Shrew coil. It has its place and will do well but also suffers when in the presence of heavy intense iron sites. Iron masking is real with that detector and the newer detectors do a better job. Ergonomics are awesome and I loved the trigger pin point switch. Auto balancing was also easy when you press the switch forward and bob the coil up and down til it stabilizes.

Negatives? Like mentioned I noticed it really struggled in iron heavy sites and was horrible at unmasking compared to another brand/model I now own and use primarily. It is not waterproof or even splash resistant. The coil is, but that's it.
Positives? Gets good depth with the smallest coils in a mind-blowing way and with the small coils it can find very tiny items in the right locations.It's a park/playground slayer as long as there has been good traffic in the area. Cherry picker supreme. 82 on the target ID you may as well figure a copper penny or dime. 88-90 quarter. 86's are clad newer stinking lincoln's. Found lots of small "bling" jewelry wit the T2 down to pin head size. Loved that trigger pinpoint.

Dunno about the Patriot but have heard good things. Also heard it is very susceptible to EMI/RFI.
My recommendation??? Wait for Garrett Apex

Brian Smith

Dec 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I'm used to Bounty Hunters & looking to buy a Teknetics. The Patriot is $399. The T2+ package with the new tek point pointer is $549 & the G2+ is on sale for only $449. I will be mostly searching in trashy parks for coins & jewelry & an occasional field or woods. Which would best suit me?

I have a T2, G2 Patriot, and a Bounty hunter land ranger pro. May I say I had a Simplex and a Nox and sold them both after a couple months of finding the same trash and the same treasure as I am/was finding with my Teknetics Eurotec Pro. Less than 1/2 the cost of the NOX..The Euro tec pro is My favorite of any of my detectors and use it every day, and even bought one for a spare. My 2 cents about all that.. So I hope this is still relevant..Brian

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread