Which Tesoro is best for finding Rings??

R

rluna

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Randy, The Vaquero you have is good for the gold rings. I have many detectors and the newest on the market with the extra bells and whistles are nice, but still only show you on a screen what the target could be, not what is is. This includes all makes of detectors, none are better at finding gold rings. The special nugget hunters are just that, for finding nuggets and in a park you'd go crazy digging up the tiniest bit of foil or size 9 bird shot.

Since you have a good machine and know it well all you have to do for finding that first gold ring is look where more rings may be lost and dig them darn pull tabs. Nothing works better than turning down the discrimination where you can still hear a pull tab as most gold rings are in this conductivity range. Try it with a couple pull tabs an a ring and you will see what we talk about here in the forum.

good Luck,
Sandman

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Cortes, suits me just fine, my biggest find was a 1/2 carat, I sold it for 150.00.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
rluna said:
Finding a ring is probably the biggest thrill for me. An old coin is right up there but
there just something about finding a beautiful gold ring. Especially if there are
diamonds attached ;D I presently have a Vaquero and like it a lot but was wondering
if there was a better Tesoro for finding rings. Maybe one of there metered machines??
Randy

Randy the DeLeon TID meter is great for gold. You just have to learn to read what I call the signal patterns.

I found a solid antique gold chain several months ago with my DeLeon. I had hunted that spot many times before and had only gotten a ferrous signal. With the DeLeon pattern read-out I saw something odd about that target so I dug a handful of square nails and the gold chain.

Randy I think with almost all detectors on the market there are those who master them and then there are those who just mess-around with them a few hours a month. I'm not bragging but I worked very hard trying to learn the DeLeon and I believe I mastered it.

Of all the detectors I've owned over 40 years of detecting I'd rate the DeLeon in with the top 3.

I've owned many good to great detectors but a few struck me as absolutely revolutionary in actual hunting situations. Here are the 3 machines that stood out as unusally impressive for land hunting:

1) 1983 Fisher 1260-X
2) 2006 Tesoro DeLeon
3) 2006 Nautilus IIB

I've spent a lot of money for detectors over the years and one year I ordered 7 or 8 at the same time.

Tesoro makes great machines. I'd say some of the very finest made anywhere in the world. But to be honest with you (no, I'm not kidding), for my type of hunting, nothing compares to the Nautilus IIB. This is my brand until something really new and dynamic comes on the market because I've tried the rest and they don't even come close to Nautilus.

If I couldn't get a Nautilus I'd use the DeLeon or Tejon (probably both).

But never fear, that Tesoro of yours has the ability to do one heck of a job if you'll pay the price to learn it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread