What's new

Which Tesoro should I choose

tmshaft

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2012
Messages
84
Reaction score
33
Golden Thread
0
I have 800 to spend and I'm looking for the best for land detecting in the woods
 
What are you detecting for?

tabman
 
Purchase a Vaquero or an Outlaw. Use the money you save to purchase everything else you'll need like a good shovel, kneepads, pinpointer, etc.
 
I already have a whites v3i just want to try a tesoro I hunt for old cois and relics
 
And have the shovels and pinpointers
 
Then get the Vaquero, and you'll never use the V3i again..
 
I own and use 6 different Tesoros. My hunting buddy and I primarily hunt old homesteads in highly mineralized ground. The 4 machines we take with us are the Deus, Vaquero, Tejon, and micromax Eldorado. The Deus is always the first to come out but after a few hours of all the chatter in these square nail/flakes of tin sites I need a break and want to quiet it down the first to come out is the Vaquero. The Vaquero is the best all around Tesoro IMO. It seems to handle highly mineralized ground and be just as deep as the Tejon.
 
I know that I really love my Tesoro Vaquero and modded Cibola. It just amazing me how Tesoro can put so much punch into such a small light package.

tabman
 
Found a vaquero for 225$ used of course is this a good deal
 
That's a great deal
 
Here we go again, you just CAN'T go wrong with a Tesoro. :laughing7:
 
Found a vaquero for 225$ used of course is this a good deal

That's a steal! The Vaquero will hold its own or beat detectors costing 5 times that amount and it won't make your arm fall off.

This video comes to mind:





tabman
 
I agree with everyone here, get that Vaquero for 225. Just understand that once you get it and start using it and see what its capable of like Terry said, that V3i might end up in the corner collecting dust. The only machine I own or have used that is comparable to the Vaquero or tesoros in general is the Deus for my type of hunting which is old mountain homesteads, mining areas etc. The Vaquero with the 5.75 concentric really shines in this environment.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom