What's new

Which type of Eagle Button

Jazdo

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2007
Messages
452
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of different eagle buttons.. this is the best one I have found. Extra Quality backmark. What type is it so I can label it? I see some examples with same pattern back,but not 3 stars in between words!
 

Attachments

  • SG1L3419.webp
    SG1L3419.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 249
  • SG1L3421.webp
    SG1L3421.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 242
I've seen these posted in CW sales before.

My hunch is that they date from the correct time frame to be CW. The last Eagle button we found was marked "Extra Quality." Found with two other Buttons (one with the same backmark) at an old civilian site predating 1880. The only other thing we found there was an 1861 Indian Head Cent.

I don't see mention of these buttons in Albert's button book, but perhaps others on this forum might have more information to share...

Regards,


Buckleboy
 
Upvote 0
very nice CW General Service Button :thumbsup:
Congrats :thumbsup:

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pre civil war?
Replies
6
Views
565
Replies
12
Views
1K
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom