Which would you buy and why? Please help

• Thread starter michigan michael
  • Start date
M

michigan michael

I posted in another category but also wanted to post in mich. I had some bad luck as I posted earlier. I need a new detector now. I don't have a lot of money to sink into a new one so, I am torn between a Fisher F2 or an ACE 250. Which would you choose and why? Please let me know if you have any other suggestions as well. Everyone's opinion is really appreciated. Thanks for everyone's help in advance.
Thanks,
MM

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
ive heard nothing bad about the ace 250 for the coin id probably choose that one i used to use a garrett gtx 550 and i found alot of great things with that unit good depth and excellant pinpointing

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I've never used the F2 but the Ace is user friendly, lightweight, and most people seem to do well with it.

Just my .02,
HH

Mojohand

Oct 18, 2008
rockwood mi
Detector(s) used
Fisher f-70,minelab quattro, garrett ace250
the ace 250 because it has accurate pinpointng decent depth accurate id and is easy to use and my favorite part ;D it all sighnals have a loud bell sound so your never missing anything in its depth range which is about 7inches

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Well I am not as fimiliar with the F2 as I am with the Ace 250 but I would have to still have to go with the Ace as its user friendly, also has after market coils available so you have a few choices in how you set it up. I have talked with people that lived near the ocean who beach detect and they swear by the ace and its abillity to go from wet to dry sand with ease which many more expensive machines can not do. Probably the biggest reason is that you can find a lightly used one for 150$ to 200$, many of which come with lots of extras so that would fit most budgets.

HH
Slipperyjack47

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
never used one but from all that i have read here and on other forums...Ace is the place!

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Thanks for everyones input. Its nice to have a place like this to get everyones thoughts.
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread