While everyone was in Chicago.....

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After getting a tip from Mr. Senior, D-Dub and I went on a small road trip ourselves this past Sunday. Not being able to get out as much anymore due to school and work, I figured there would not be that many finds as their were detectorists on the group hunt.....So, while everyone came to Chicago, we went out to the burbs ;D Along the way to our "tipped" spot, we came across a few other interesting sites. Looks like there is more out there than meets the eye. :icon_pirat: The day started off slow, but ended up great. Picked up 2 quarters and 4 dimes. Sorry I missed you guys on the group hunt, as I would like to meet some of the new faces, but I'm not sorry I went where I did. 8) I hope to be able to hunt with some of you again soon. Enjoy the pics and HH! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• burbsfront.JPG
    burbsfront.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 266
  • burbsback.JPG
    burbsback.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 270
Hey Jon,
Nice score there. I am still waiting on my first SLQ (granted I've only hunted for 2 years). I'd love to get out again with you and D-Dub at some point here (We'll PM at some point). Plus, Like I said, a November group hunt would be awesome, but It will only reach the Zenith of Awesomeness if we can get Mr. Senior to come (plus you as well-but you have to get used to what it's like being a family member of a celebrity).

p2c said:
Hey Jon,
Nice score there. I am still waiting on my first SLQ (granted I've only hunted for 2 years). I'd love to get out again with you and D-Dub at some point here (We'll PM at some point). Plus, Like I said, a November group hunt would be awesome, but It will only reach the Zenith of Awesomeness if we can get Mr. Senior to come (plus you as well-but you have to get used to what it's like being a family member of a celebrity).

Thanks. lol. you got that right. I wouldn't mind doing a group hunt either later on this month or early Nov. The in-laws are finally :hello2: flying back home on the 15th, which will open up some more weekends for me. I wouldn't mind doing a group hunt in the woods somewhere where I haven't hit before. Somewhere maybe new to all of us. :dontknow:

The merc looks like it's a 1918 over '17, but don't know if there is a variation of that anywhere. Definately see a "7" to the right of the eight though. Even though its worn, might be worth sending it in for authentication :dontknow:

I'll pm you once the in-laws leave and maybe we can come up with a "new" spot to check out. :thumbsup:

with that many silvers, i dont think anyone would blame you for missing our hunt! congrats on all the finds!

I got home and found someone had ransacked my test garden. Band of rogues, all of ya.

Did you get into the water at all? River's pretty low right now and I'm figuring one day of it later this week.

Some of us still get some silver way out here past the burbs and north of I-90.
Grats to you on the 6 silver Jon.

don't forget to take me on 1 of your hunts. awesome finds jon!

was hoping to meet you and ddub as well jon! ah well maybe next time. I myself would love to try a hunt in the woods up that way! Nice silver finds buddy. if anyone is looking to setup another group hunt be sure to let me know as i would love to attend (along with the old man 'metman'). take care!
neil

etrac007 said:
don't forget to take me on 1 of your hunts. awesome finds jon!
.........Yeah....What Mike said !.....LOL..........Congratulations on all them cool old Silvers Jon....I hope you didn't write my phone number on an ole 2010 block of ice...LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back