What's new

While Metal Detecting / 2017-1

Yak1366

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2017
Messages
1,293
Reaction score
2,308
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't find near as many as you guys, but when I do, it makes my day.
 

Attachments

  • 20170426_095441.webp
    20170426_095441.webp
    2.6 MB · Views: 190
  • 20170426_095352.webp
    20170426_095352.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 158
Upvote 0
Well you sure cant find them sitting on the couch. Looks like a well made piece
 
Of course...
 

Attachments

  • Lower1.webp
    Lower1.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
  • Lower2.webp
    Lower2.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 99
Nice! Hey, you're still outfinding me!
 
Nice one .... I’m sure it’s not easy to spot them with so many different color and types of rocks mixed together
 
very nice.

A creek find?
 
Nice knife and 2 inches long is a decent size for our area. 3 inches and up is considered a big one when it comes to points
 
very nice.

A creek find?

That's a path the landowner takes with his ATV to get to the back of the property. It seems there's always something popping out especially after a good rain. I've found bullets, buttons & coins in that area too.
 
That path area warrants further investigation. Finding many relics on top of the ground is a pretty decent indicator that many more or below the surface.

Is the area of the path where you are finding these relics, points, bullets, buttons & coins a prime camping location? Close to a water source? describe the terrain that the path takes. Are these items found in a localized area or all over?
 
You should be looking at the flakes to just in case a Mississippian point is in the mix. Here is an example why. Most hunters that are new will walk rite past these points and never see them. If its a point they should be worked on both sides most of the time. I have found a couple even smaller.these 2 are .75 of a inch long
 

Attachments

  • SDC12330.webp
    SDC12330.webp
    363.7 KB · Views: 93
That path area warrants further investigation. Finding many relics on top of the ground is a pretty decent indicator that many more or below the surface.

Is the area of the path where you are finding these relics, points, bullets, buttons & coins a prime camping location? Close to a water source? describe the terrain that the path takes. Are these items found in a localized area or all over?

Believe me, that area gets constant investigation. The landowner and I compete to see who can find the next one. And I always text the landowner to come up and see the piece as it lays on the ground. I never move it until I take pics & they have had the time to find it for themselves.

As far as terrain, typical North Georgia ridge land with a spring on the property. The spring opens up quite wide, about 30', and I've touched on the 'Plexiglas bucket bottom' technique. One of my goals for 2018 is to build a sift table there and really go through some material.
 
Of course...

That beats all I have found, (they must burrow & hide when they see me coming). lol

I can spot a Box Turtle or an Aluminum can from a Mile away.

Love it's Color as well.
 
You should be looking at the flakes to just in case a Mississippian point is in the mix. Here is an example why. Most hunters that are new will walk rite past these points and never see them. If its a point they should be worked on both sides most of the time. I have found a couple even smaller.these 2 are .75 of a inch long

Like these two little ones?
 

Attachments

  • Small Points Back.webp
    Small Points Back.webp
    491.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Small Points Front.webp
    Small Points Front.webp
    558.6 KB · Views: 78
Like these two little ones?

Yes they sure didnt make many good looking tiny triangles but must of done the thing they wanted.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom