What's new

Whiskey Run Beach Gold

hfm

Greenie
Joined
Jun 8, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
40
Golden Thread
0
Location
PNW-Oregon coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spent 6 hours or so digging at the beach the other day. There was a lot of hard pack gravels to dig, sitting right on top of decomposing bedrock. Ended up with a bunch of amalgam too that I don't have a picture for. I guess you can dig the black sands here also, but I never went after that stuff. Got some chunky dirty gold though :D.
1000020642.webp
1000020680.webp
2026-08-2312.02.585488231444366111441.webp
1000020695.webp
2026-08-2312.11.153538712147230537648.webp
 
Upvote 0
Good Job!
One of my favorite spots in Oregon.
What means did you use to process/concentrate the dug feed?
 
Put the gold in a small bottle along with third water vinegar and salt. Shake couple times a day until it's bright yellow gold.
I've got some oxalic acid for dirty rusty stuff. Works like a charm. Good advice though, thank you ;)
 
Good Job!
One of my favorite spots in Oregon.
What means did you use to process/concentrate the dug feed?
Thank you ;). I run everything through a sluice box with 1/8" mesh over half of it, then a gold cube at the house.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom