What's new

White Tail less deer

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,741
Reaction score
12,697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few deer coming in to feed in my backyard but I never noticed anything odd until I saw this picture. I can't remember ever seeing a tail less deer before.
 

Attachments

  • MFDC3919.webp
    MFDC3919.webp
    583.1 KB · Views: 105
  • MFDC3921.webp
    MFDC3921.webp
    484.3 KB · Views: 136
From those pics, it is a yard and garden deer, does it come in alone? I'll bet due to the tell TAIL marks on the left side of the rump it's tail got caught in some braided electric fence wire and She pulled it off, that is my guess, have seen all kinds of that in my area, Last one was a Buck dragging a 3ft fiberglass rod and some of the aforementioned wire wrapped around its lower jaw,,,,,fish and game,,, would not do a thing,,, so next suffering deer gets put down as they had reports of it for weeks=16.
 
Sometimes a yearling comes in with it. I don't know of any fencing in the area these deer stay. It's about a 20 acre patch of woods between housing subdivisions. There is also another doe and two young six point bucks that have been caught on my trail cam.
 

Attachments

  • MFDC2239.webp
    MFDC2239.webp
    390.7 KB · Views: 95
  • MFDC2945.webp
    MFDC2945.webp
    191 KB · Views: 95
  • MFDC3211.webp
    MFDC3211.webp
    190.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Nice pics there. Horrifying possible reason for the missing tail tho...
 
I wasn't 100% sure about there being two different bucks until I downloaded the latest trail cam pictures.
 

Attachments

  • two bucks.webp
    two bucks.webp
    176.6 KB · Views: 93
Might also have been that when just a young bambi, that she was just BARELY faster than whatever was chasing her!

Great pics.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom