Whites Beach Hunter ID

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I don't know myself, but I see you use a Garrett infinium and I was under the impression they were very good machines?

OP
OP
scrooge

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS
I had to send it in for repairs 3 times so I ended up selling it.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I can understand that, nobody likes alot of down time. Hopefully someone answers you on the Beach Hunter, there doesn't seem to be a lot of info. out on it yet.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the orginal and the new Beach Hunter Id 300 just lately. I had major issues with it and Whites refunded my money. While the detector works OK on dry sand it can false in the wet saltwater sand. Course you can turn down the sens. but the major issue is Whites advertises the 300 coil as "near neutral buoyant." This coil wants to float like a cork and you must constantly hold it down. They offer a sinking coil for it, but then you have to order the sinking coil and have Whites install it for you. Now the coil is heavy for dry sand work. The other manufactures make coils that don't float nor sink like rocks. Many others have commented on this in this forum and others. They also lack a volume control.

I use the Excal 1000, CZ-20 and Tiger Shark now. If I was younger and still doing saltwater I would swing a Sand Shark or Infinium LS. You never read of any problems with Tesoro's. :thumbsup:

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
i use the beach hunter 300 in the dry / wet beach ...mainly because the control box keeps cracking where the screw heads sit......we have 3 of these and all are cracking.......sent 2 of them in to be repaired and only 2 months after i sent mine back i see it is cracking again........so i`d be afraid to submerge it in water!! funny how they produce a water machine that you can`t submerge in water! :tongue3:
tired of paying the shipping fees on these machines. we had a 4th machine we sold becuase the person intended to use it never went and it was dead right out of the box!
so i`d pass on even buying one of these machines. :-[

RNSpeed

Greenie
Sep 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300, MXT
Living in PR where I can go all year round to the beach, my main detector is a Beach Hunter ID 300, and I had made excellent finds with it. Although I had to send it for repairs twice because a bad coil I really like it.

Whites costumer service is excellent :icon_thumleft: but I don’t like paying $30+ for shipping everytime that I had to send it for repairs.

RNSpeed

Greenie
Sep 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300, MXT
RNSpeed said:
Living in PR where I can go all year round to the beach, my main detector is a Beach Hunter ID 300, and I had made excellent finds with it. Although I had to send it for repairs twice because a bad coil I really like it.

Whites costumer service is excellent :icon_thumleft: but I don’t like paying $30+ for shipping everytime that I had to send it for repairs.

Following up my previous post, Whites sent me a complete new unit after I had to send my previous BHID 300 for repairs for the third time. Wow, that's is a good costumer service and warranty :icon_thumleft:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scrooge said:
Anyone using the Whites Beach Hunter ID in salt water? Pros/Cons etc

Scrooge,

I see your in S.E. Florida, there is a lot of iron here, get the Excal, it "nulls" on iron and yet will still tell you when there is a gold ring beside that iron it nulled on....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
scrooge said:
Anyone using the Whites Beach Hunter ID in salt water? Pros/Cons etc

Scrooge,

I see your in S.E. Florida, there is a lot of iron here, get the Excal, it "nulls" on iron and yet will still tell you when there is a gold ring beside that iron it nulled on....
Treasure Hunter is right about it finding gold rings even with a large nail through the ring. You've got to try it to believe it. It also has 17 freq instead of just 2. I never heard of a Excal leaking either.

thorny196

Apr 11, 2007
Moyock, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Sand Shark
I bought one last year (Beach hunter 300 ID) and put about 40 hours on it. It does false alot in the surf but once the coil goes under its pretty stable. I also found allot of good stuff with it. The ID lights work very good if it blinks red I always find iron so I know its got a pretty good id !! The coil is huge and finds everything (l little hard to dig under as pin pointing can be a pain)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread