What's new

Whites Detector or Minelab?

Chris227

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark
White's Detector or Minelab?

Hello everyone, I have a quick question:

I have been detecting for a year or so and have been using a Tesoro Tigershark. This detector is ok, but I want to invest in a new detector that I won't grow out of. I would be doing Park and Beach hunting.

Which do you think is a better machine:

1) White's XLT

or

2) White's DFX

or

3) Minelab E-Trac

Is the White's Spectrum a totally different detector from the other White's mentioned above?

Thanks for your attention. I really respect all of your opinions.

Chris
 
Re: White's Detector or Minelab?

I have an XLT and a Minelab XT70. I really think the XT70 is a little bit better than the XLT and I am considering buying an Etrac. HH, Mike
 
Re: White's Detector or Minelab?

i would take a xt 70 over the xlt, what type of hunting do you do
 
Re: White's Detector or Minelab?

I mainly go detecting in parks. I would like to get to the beach a little more. How about the Pulse detectors? I dont mind spending the money since I will hope to find enough stuff to payback the expense.

White's DFX, White's XLT, Minelab E-Trac, or a Pulse Detector.
 
Re: White's Detector or Minelab?

I think you would be more pleased with a multi freq machine like the DFX or ETrac.. or even the SE. DFX has a set GB and one you can set. It does an excellent job on the beach especially on gold items... little better than the SE. But it doesnt compare when old coin hunting... id take a minelab. DFX doesnt do well with EMI. Personally i use my SE much more than the DFX.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom