East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I do own the Dual Field but have not had it out for a while. I prefer the discrimination of my CTX 3030. However, a few hints. Most detectors like to be swung parallel to the ripples in the sand, not walking parallel to the shore line and swinging perpendicular to the ripples in the sand so that the sand on the coil ripples up and down as you swing. Some detectors are more sensitive to the ripples than others. There are lots of environmental influences that affect the performance of most detectors. Changing the depth of water on a single swing will affect it; going in and out of the water on a single swing will affect it; detecting within the surf churn will affect it as the sand moves under the coil...... So I went to the doctor and told the doctor that it hurts when I push on this one spot, the doctor's reply was, "Don't push on that one spot." There is no magic cure for what your dual field is doing, it is common to many detectors to false or change threshold as a wave goes over the coil, you just have to learn the difference between a false signal and the repeatable weak signal of a deep target. Don't give up on your dual field, it is a good machine and has the potential to find lots of deep treasure. Good luck. Beach Papa

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
By the way, the factory settings work on the dual field. first knob set at the factory notch, second knob off unless there is electrical interference, and then turn it as little as possible, (you will loose depth on gold with the second knob turned much at all) The third knob, the threshold, just barely audible. These settings are generally stable. However, if you want to maximize your depth on gold, turn the first knob to the max and learn the difference between a repeatable weak deep target signal and a false signal. Good Luck.

OP
OP
matrix master DBA

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Beach Papa I will give it a try tomorrow. Going to hit the towel line tonight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread