Whites MXT Quarter depth find question

kdfritton said:
Just wondering If anyone has found a quarter with an MXT at a considerable depth or beyond 14 inches in sandy soil (Fl). Thanks...AlumaDan

I don't even own one but I know about them and only a few metal detectors can go that deep and it isn't the MXT. Think MineLab for that depth.

Hey KD, please ignore the comment of the guy who doesn't even own a MXT. I have not hunted any salt beaches. But I have hunted some sandy soil around Oquawka Illinois. The Mississippi river runs right by there. I was pulling clad dimes out of the ground at over 9 inches. I also pulled my one and only seated dime out of black soil at over 9 inches. I don't know for sure, but if set right I think it is possible. Good luck.

lucky1777 said:
Hey KD, please ignore the comment of the guy who doesn't even own a MXT. I have not hunted any salt beaches. But I have hunted some sandy soil around Oquawka Illinois. The Mississippi river runs right by there. I was pulling clad dimes out of the ground at over 9 inches. I also pulled my one and only seated dime out of black soil at over 9 inches. I don't know for sure, but if set right I think it is possible. Good luck.

Just stick to what you want to say and everything will be cool. But when you disrespect people like that, it's not cool.

What I wrote is from my experiences and yours are different. I have hunted with people who own the MXT. I've even dabbled with one. VLF machines aren't known for depth, PI machines are, and they work well on sand, salt water beaches, black sand and the likes.

What kind of authority are you to tell others not to listen to someone else, they have their own mind and can make that decision, and I don't think you are God.

So chill out and stick to what you want to convey. That is my opinion and you have a different one, simple.

We don't need any rude remarks here on this forum. If you have an opinion, fine, don't attack anyones answer.

I know for a fact that in most areas the MXT won't sound off on a quarter at 14 inches. But not all detectors are created equal or even the same. It's possible, but not for the majority of Whites users. As ANT said, PI's and Minelabs can do this feat usually. So will some Tesoro Tejons, I've seen it.

Sandman said:
We don't need any rude remarks here on this forum. If you have an opinion, fine, don't attack anyones answer.

I know for a fact that in most areas the MXT won't sound off on a quarter at 14 inches. But not all detectors are created equal or even the same. It's possible, but not for the majority of Whites users. As ANT said, PI's and Minelabs can do this feat usually. So will some Tesoro Tejons, I've seen it.
I was simply answering his question, not being rude. I consider it rude when someone brings up another detector, when that is not what the question was about. Again, I Know for a fact that I have pulled dimes out at over 9+ inches, so a quarter at 14 inches does not sound impossible.

I might be possible for an MXT to pull a signal from that deep with a LARGE coil, in All metal mode. 14" I believe was the depth that was stated.

The larger the coil the deeper you can get. All metal mode goes deeper.

I have even seen 20" coils, but not for White's.

I have my doubts that a stock coil on an MXT will detect a coin at 14"

My DFX with a stock 9.5 coil reaches down to around 9", MAX.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back