Whites MXT weather resistant ?

kdfritton

Jun 12, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites MXT
Helo Folks: I have just arrived to Alaska. The long awaited conquest has begun. Yes...It is raining. I arrived with wife "Kat" in tow and jumped on a train to Fairbanks, 7 hrs. and beautiful. I am planning to bed down for awhile here in Denali then Re-Take the rail to fairbanks and pull out my trusty MXT. I being a man of sound mind "mostly minus a few beers" plan to do what the guy said a few issues back in lost treasure,,Just stop along the road on a spot where people "would'nt" and try it out. Its raining. I am still happy simply because I am here and we all know that where ever you are "there you are" Anyone ever had their MXT drizzled on? It says water resistant on the package,,,that means "what" Ha...As I have said either way I am happy,,,,The nugget awaits me.....AlumaDan....

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should be no problem with the coil up to just below the connection with the box, but best to use some sort of cover over the electronics and display. And don't lift the coil higher than the box allowing water to run down the shaft into the electronics. My impression from the user manual is resistant to light weather, not serious rain. Hope you do well.
Cheers,
Bill

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
I always keep a plastic bag with me, just in case...I have hunted ocean surf with a bag on my machine, just going by tones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread