Whites mxt

newfyviking

Jun 24, 2007
I have a old mxt but it seems to not work right, seems noisier then it was. Can the coil go bad or could it be the detector. thinking about buying a different one but do not want to spend more then 500. any thoughts about the difference between a 2004 MXT detector vs a 2022 one. Have they gotten better.. Maybe buy a bigger coil/new.

OP
OP
newfyviking

newfyviking

Jun 24, 2007
I did have it rebuilt about 10 years ago so maybe a new coil is what i need, It did not like the salt water swim it took. I have a 9.5 inch, anyone know how a bigger one would compare? They seem quite expensive.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a coil cover, take it off and clean out the sand, etc. Check connections to make sure they're tight. After that....no idea.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I have a old mxt but it seems to not work right, seems noisier then it was. Can the coil go bad or could it be the detector. thinking about buying a different one but do not want to spend more then 500. any thoughts about the difference between a 2004 MXT detector vs a 2022 one. Have they gotten better.. Maybe buy a bigger coil/new.
White's unfortunately is no longer around.

I suggest looking (budget wise) at the Fisher F11, or for wet salt beach the Minelab Vanquish 340.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an xlt and it was easy to do a factory reset. The procedure was in the owners manual. Hopefully you can do a factory reset on your mxt and that might fix the problem.

OP
OP
newfyviking

newfyviking

Jun 24, 2007
I had an xlt and it was easy to do a factory reset. The procedure was in the owners manual. Hopefully you can do a factory reset on your mxt and that might fix the problem.
thanks ill give it a try. May have to google the manual.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
thanks ill give it a try. May have to google the manual.
Let us know what happens. Also try moving the coil, and it's cable around to see if there's a break/short in the wiring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions