Whites New Pinpointer!

The Garrett's frequency is 12Khz
The Minelab unit is 13Khz
The Treasure Mate is 16.5Khz

The list goes on.......

"Has anyone heard what frequency this new White's pinpointer is?"

I seen elsewhere that it was 12 kHz

I'm saving now, only gripe is I was hoping they would have there own full design I mean it does look awfully familiar to a couple others I know of.

I had wanted to make it a replica of a Colt M1911 but I lost the debate. Truth is, Garrett did a Good Job designing the ProPointer, which is why the follow-ons look so much like it. Kinda like what happened with the S-rod metal detector design. Goodbye lunch box design.

We thought about making specific depth claims but decided to let customers make that claim for us, as they will do it anyways and will have more credibility than us. No, not a 1" coil, rather a 3/8" coil.

fella: press the button to power-on; press-hold the button for 1/2 second to power-off. Button also does target ratchet & ground grab.

12kHz

I see Kellyco now has a house-brand pinpointer called the Vulcan. And... it has the same Garretty look too! They took it a step closer to Garrett by including the little scraper ridge on the barrel, which happens to be a patented feature on the Garrett. Hmmm, maybe they took a step too close.

It's just a shame if 1 out of all the companies has an idea they all just try & copy it without trying to come up with there own idea pretty lame

What's a good idea for a better PP design?

only Idea I have would be a copy too unfortunately.
& that would be a Sunray type pinpointer at a much, much more reasonable price,
(like $40.00)
& in the future come standard with every new detector.

If we make it in China, fire our American employees, and sell direct w/o dealers involved, then $40 becomes a little more feasible.

If we make it in China, fire our American employees, and sell direct w/o dealers involved, then $40 becomes a little more feasible.

works for me :tongue3:

if it lasts at least a year :laughing7:
I can afford $40 a year but not $300 a shot.

& no saving up these days is not an option

Last edited:

I don't know I'm not in the buisiness to come up with designs I'm just surprised basically the top 3 metal detector companies have to copy each others idea instead of just making there own model,own design. I mean how long did it take them to come up with hmm so we will use there design & put our components in it. Mayb that's to harsh I just figured I'd see something a little more impressive coming from whites love there machines company all of it. & been hearing for over 3 years oh there gonna make a great pi.pointer waiting & waiting & wow looks like the rest. I do hope it performs better like it says would be great

I don't know I'm not in the buisiness to come up with designs I'm just surprised basically the top 3 metal detector companies have to copy each others idea instead of just making there own model,own design. I mean how long did it take them to come up with hmm so we will use there design & put our components in it. Mayb that's to harsh I just figured I'd see something a little more impressive coming from whites love there machines company all of it. & been hearing for over 3 years oh there gonna make a great pi.pointer waiting & waiting & wow looks like the rest. I do hope it performs better like it says would be great

I'm going to guess they are all made by the same manufacturer
& they have contacted all the detector manufacturers.
they probably have a checklist of options to make them slightly different
as per manufacturers wishes.

Next in line will probably be Bounty Hunter :laughing7:

last in line Walmart so everyone spent full price first
before the discount house gets them

Last edited:
I'm going to guess they are all made by the same manufacturer
& they have contacted all the detector manufacturers.
they probably have a checklist of options to make them slightly different
as per manufacturers wishes.

Next in line will probably be Bounty Hunter :laughing7:

last in line Walmart so everyone spent full price first
before the discount house gets them

Most likley

Just gotta ask, when was the last time the wheel was reinvented? Steering wheels sure look similar all around, tires on the cars seem to be awfully similar. When somebody makes something that works that well - and I think Garrett really hit the nail on the head with their case - it's probably not going to be anytime soon that the shape will be altered to a large degree. Garrett does deserve lots of kudos for their design. They did a nice job.

Not all manufactured in the same place. I know ours is done by us. It is not a Garrett and I think reviews will state that.

I am not sure how one could change appearance of a pointer. In order to dig a small hole, the pointer has to be as slender as possible. I am more interested in features and price than looks ( this coming from the forum's token ugly guy, lol ). White's has been an industry leader for as long as I can remember and I am sure this new pointer will be a good product. I really like the momentary on switch idea they use in the Bullseye 2. I don't have to worry about unnecessary battery use from leaving it on and have never had any problems with falsing like I have read the pro pointer has on occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For various reasons, the switch is no longer momentary on. But, if you do forget to turn it off, it will do it on its own after 10 minutes of no button presses. (A button press will reset the timer).

I am not sure how one could change appearance of a pointer. In order to dig a small hole, the pointer has to be as slender as possible. I am more interested in features and price than looks ( this coming from the forum's token ugly guy, lol ). White's has been an industry leader for as long as I can remember and I am sure this new pointer will be a good product. I really like the momentary on switch idea they use in the Bullseye 2. I don't have to worry about unnecessary battery use from leaving it on and have never had any problems with falsing like I have read the pro pointer has on occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have seen the TRX in action and it was hitting between 1/2-1" greater distance than the GPP. The reason you can't say definitively what the dept differance is, is because it reacts differently with different metals.

As for waterproof here is what another site had to say:

Some information on the NEW Bullseye TRX IP68 rating "Dunk" feature:

What is IP68?

About IP 68, it is a protection classification offered by an enclosure is shown by the letter IP (Ingress Protection) and two digits. This can be considered a standard to know if the product is qualified what you need. The first digit indicates the level of protection against the dust; the second number indicates the protection against the water.

For the first digit, from 0 to 6, 6 is the highest level, which means that it can totally stop the dust to ingress the product. They put the device in a dust chamber in which talcum powder is in the air to test the device and check if the dust ingress into the body. If the product passes this test, it can get the number 6.

For the second number, 8 is the highest level, from 0 to 8, which means that it is protected against water submersion. In order to test the device, it should be completely immersed in the water and in the certain pressure to make sure that water can not penetrate into the device.

Here is the photo of pressure cabin for testing the light

The IP 68 can be considered as a key point while people select the products. Without it, it is very hard to know the level of the protection of the product. In fact, you might buy a so called waterproof product, which could not tell you, how deep or how long the product can be used in the water. That is why we need the IP rating, which can let the consumer know the condition of the product.

While you look for a real waterproof product, the first thing you need to check is the IP rating. If you see the IP68, congratulation, you find a qualified one! However, if the IP rating is lower than that, it is definitely not the waterproof product that you are looking for.

I don't Know :tongue3:

Click the link and look at all the Different shaped pinpointers

https://www.google.com/search?q=met...eKYyAH4t4GQCw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAw&biw=800&bih=468

then look at the last few produced by the big 3 Garrett/Minelab/Whites awfully close

yes the one piece design is better & more durable then the earlier cheaper designs,
but still odd how close the last 3 are.

I just wish one would think about our Wallets :laughing7:

instead of just getting their name on the side of one at our expense :(

Last edited:
I don't Know :tongue3:

Click the link and look at all the Different shaped pinpointers

https://www.google.com/search?q=metal+detector+pinpointer&client=firefox-a&hs=w1p&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=p9wKU6nEAeKYyAH4t4GQCw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAw&biw=800&bih=468

then look at the last few produced by the big 3 Garrett/Minelab/Whites awfully close

yes the one piece design is better & more durable then the earlier cheaper designs,
but still odd how close the last 3 are.

I just wish one would think about our Wallets :laughing7:

instead of just getting their name on the side of one at our expense :(

Yup still gotta agree couldnt have said it bettet

Automatic power off...Does that mean you have to hold the power button for on or does it mean it shuts itself off after a period of time if left on? If it's a push & hold I have ZERO interest no matter how well it performs.

I can't imagine it would be a push and hold button feature! That would kill the deal for me also.

Just called my local Whites dealer who is calling Whites to find out availability then calling me back.

I love my pro pointers....but its plural because one was/is acting up and the other is not much better after a few months use! I'm going to buy the TRX and if depth is better then great! Same with water/weather proofing! I hunt in the rain too much here in Oregon! I hope it has a good LED light too as it often gets dark on me.

As far as how similar they all look, It don't mean a thing to me. Look at all the different air planes! They all look similar to some degree anyway, you have to go with what shapes work and are dictated by physics. If they were to design the best pinpointed in the world bar none, who would buy it if it was shaped like a brick just so it wouldn't look similar to the other ones. The shape used is probably the best possible option. I suppose they could shape it like a gun, but then it would look like a gun and that would have its problems too.

I'll be happy with it if its shaped similar, easy to carry and use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back