newgoldfinder

Dec 19, 2013
Adams County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the Lesche!!!!!

I prefer the Gator Razor Edge digger from Kellyco. Gotta sharpen it when new, but it is a robust tool with full serrations on both sides, very strong, lifetime warranty. It also has a narrower blade than the Lesche, making it easier to make smaller diameter plugs. Of course I just used a worn old hunting knife for 30 years and it never broke and cost five bucks at a flea market. I still have it, but with all the "weapon worry" around these days I carry the Gator.

Agree on the lesche hand digging trowel, but for a "shovel" I could not live without my "predator" T handled Raven and although it is 40 inches. it only weighs in at 3 lbs 3 ozs.
The Raven

Downside is it cost like $116 with shipping, upside.. I cut through large tree roots like hot knife through butter LOL
All handles and blades are aircraft quality 4130 chrome molly virgin steel. Heat Treated and Tempered, making it the Highest quality made!

Warranty is 5 years on all tools against breakage & workmanship

Last edited:
These 2 Treasure Wise diggers are about all I use now. Both can be purchased for less than $50 total. I have a Lesche digger, but the point it too sharp and not good when trying to dig deeper holes. The 3-1 digger with the leather sheath gets 90% of any coins I find and the V shaped ( T12) tool is good for going deeper. The best for digging when not concerned about busy bodies eyeballing your every move, is the 31" T handle Sampson from Lesche and a lot easier on the knees!

Attachments

• image-2141346871.jpg
    image-2141346871.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 136
  • image-2439971824.jpg
    image-2439971824.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Agree on the lesche hand digging trowel, but for a "shovel" I could not live without my "predator" T handled Raven and although it is 40 inches. it only weighs in at 3 lbs 3 ozs.
The Raven

Downside is it cost like $116 with shipping, upside.. I cut through large tree roots like hot knife through butter LOL

I got a small pocket saw that works well when cutting roots . I hope the land owner doesn't find out.He my get me for destruction of property .Lol

Definetly agree the leache along with the samson diggers are very hard to beat well built,sharp & made to fit your needs in a lot of various settings. Problem there not cheap but like its always said buy once then you won't have to later twice, if you want to save theres a guy on here sask he makes some unbelievable nice looking tools in a size you want with more options

I like the fact that the side diggers can penetrate virtually any soil type, but the garden trowel types really do make it quicker in digging a deeper, larger hole because it holds more when taking the dirt out of the hole. Having used both, I still like the side digger best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fletch88. Where did you get your leather sheath ?

Those look good I'm curious about them aswell I know fletch doesnt buy junk.

ForumRunner_20140309_221300.png

ForumRunner_20140309_221332.png

, I just know for a fact ill never need to buy any I still have my 2 bomb sheaths, good thing they were home back when that crap went down very strong I put these threw hell & look brand new still

Fletch88. Where did you get your leather sheath ?
Sorry Mangler, I didn't see your post. The leather sheath comes with the Treasure Wise 3 in 1 digger. The T-12 in the photo is also a good tool when you are needing to dig down 8-12 inches for deeper targets.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back