Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome video! I'm going to watch it again when my 10 yo son isn't in the room playing Halo 3 online. I might as well be deaf. He is yakking away with his buddies online and I can't hear squat!
Looks good though!!

HH,
Ramapirate

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Excellent video Tom, love it. :thumbsup:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice video...

Being a White's fan, it's nice to see the new machine in use. It just doesn't appear to have advantages over a Minelab or even match the hype that's been building over it.

I wonder if my DFX might have got those signals....or even my 6000Di Pro with a bigger coil than standard.

I've been accessorizing what I already have and at one point thought I would sell it all and get the new TDI...but I think I'm gonna wait now and see what other tests show.

I do like the "back to basics" knobs instead of digital....guess I'm just old school.

Thank you for taking the time to do that for us Tom.

Al

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Thanks for the nice video, Tom! I liked it!!

Gotta try for a little bit better microphone...

AND, might be a good idea to show a quick shot on the tape of the hole being filled and closed up neatly.

Yah... This is easy from the armchair! ;D

ending the tape, show closing up the hole neatly, then a shot of the machines, then the targets recovered in your hand.

Good job!
rmptr

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Very nice Tom!

Another Well-Planned and Well-Executed video, I think the Mission era video was your first and now this awesome TDI video is another homerun :thumbsup:

Good job there!
Paul (Ca)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Good video. My buddy has been getting "hyped" up on the new White's TDI. Seems like a good machine but.....I bet the DFX would have gotten both those targets no problem. ;D That lighter was deep but a larger target. If you would have pulled a silver dime from that hole I would have been very surprised.

You really should get a better digging tool. The Gator digger would be perfect for those targets. The thin knives work great for shallower targets but anything more than 4 inches can be a hassle.

Thanks for the comparison.

Bob

PS - also was killing me you didn't dig the "overload" target or the shallow one. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread