Whites Service is AWESOME!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's Service is AWESOME!

Not so long ago, I had a great experience with Minelab's Customer Service, and I posted about it. Now its White's Turn!

I bought a White's Goldmaster 4B on Ebay for $245. Advertised as "works great", but when it showed up, not so much. It was skittery and the meter didn't work at all. When I contacted the seller, they said that they had sold it for a friend, and was told there was no problem. I gave them a few alternatives:

1. Unwind the deal, I get a refund, and they get the detector back.

2. They refund me $100, and I take the risk that it will cost more than that to repair.

3. Let me send it to White's, pay for the repair, and send the seller the bill.

The seller chose option #3. I sent it to White's. They resoldered some spots and put a new meter on it. Then at no charge they added a DD Coil and fine tuned the detector. Total Charge of only $99 ($60 labor and $39 various). I was shocked. I guessed a couple of hundred. The seller had been so good, and White's so cheap, I didn't even hit the seller for my shipping charge to send it in.

The seller refunded my Paypal the $99, and I have a completely refurbished Goldmaster 4B with both mono and DD Coils for $245 (the DD is new old stock).

Thanks to the seller and White's!

Mike

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I drove from BC to the factory one time in the early 80's and brought my Coinmaster in for them to look at. Well I was impressed as they put a new version of the Coinmaster board in for me, a new coil, and something else totally free. They said they were impressed at the fact it was a 700+ mile round trip for me and I went out of my way to bring the machine for a repair.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions