What's new

Whitworth bullet???? Please help.

Awiscaver

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 11, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found what appears to be a whitworth bullet not sure. I was metal detecting a farm house that dated back to 1820s and here's a few of my finds. And I live in Indiana also.
 

Attachments

  • 8B3D2A77-A65C-47F7-B718-75D0829718A1.webp
    8B3D2A77-A65C-47F7-B718-75D0829718A1.webp
    129.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0572.webp
    IMG_0572.webp
    460.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0574.webp
    IMG_0574.webp
    612.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0532.webp
    IMG_0532.webp
    2.5 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0534.webp
    IMG_0534.webp
    666.4 KB · Views: 147
Your bullet is a rifled shotgun slug.
 
Not a whit worth. it will be a hexagonal bullet and longer. I have only dug 2 my whole life.
 
Thanks for the help I appreciate it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom