Who Collects Bitters Bottles?

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Bitters bottles is a huge category of bottle-collecting; the category is rife with interesting forms plus color and mold variants. Some are common, some are rare, all are interesting. Show us your fav's.

bitterslangleys.jpg

Attachments

• bitterslangleys.jpg
    bitterslangleys.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 306
OP
OP
Harry Pristis

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Road Dog said:
We had an earlier post on this Harry. Maybe some folks got sum new ones. :tongue3:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,278179.0.html
Golly . . . . I thought I remembered posting some bitters bottles, but when I searched I guess I looked for a thread I had started. Of course, it was not my thread.

It seems to me that some threads are worthwhile as references, for new collectors especially, and therefore should be kept alive. On the other hand, the last post to the original bitters thread was eleven months ago.

You are correct in assuming that some readers will have acquired new examples; plus, old acquisitions may be newly photographed; plus, there will be new subscribers to the forum.

So, what do you think is the best thing to do: replicate and expand in this new thread, or revive the "zombie" thread?

Road Dog

Apr 16, 2009
North Carolina
IT"S ALLLLLLLLIIIVVVVVVVVE! :tongue3: You could label this one part two or bring the oldun back? I know some threads get really long and are so full of pics they take awhile to look thru.

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
This is not the Owens bitters but the rarest of the Owens bottles. Only 4 known.

Attachments

• marbles-bottles 009.jpg
    marbles-bottles 009.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 284
  • marbles-bottles 009.jpg
    marbles-bottles 009.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 275

Road Dog

Apr 16, 2009
North Carolina
Need a bitters and a clearer pic. :dontknow: Here's a E. Baker's Premium Bitters Richmond , Va.. Not a pontilled one , but still nice.

Attachments

• DSC05234_cropa.jpg
    DSC05234_cropa.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 279

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread