What's new

Who Collects Pleistocene Mammal Teeth?

Not certain. Is the tooth fractured or whole? Great find!
 
It's whole besides a small chip on the inside edge.
 
There must be more Pleistocene fossil teeth in collections represented here . . . C'mon, show us!

mammoth spit tooth.webp​
 
I experienced a failure of imagination, Dennis. It IS a tooth . . . It's the front half of an upper second molar from a Sus scrofa (a domestic pig)! The individual died young, before this tooth had erupted. It is basically an enamel cap with undeveloped roots. Score for Old Digger! :headbang:




Being as fossilized as this tooth is, could it have been from an immature Dinohyus (Large Pig) similar to those that were found in Nebraska, north of Omaha.
 
I have some teeth, but I'm afraid they might be Holocene in age. I was lucky enough to find the whole jaw too! I think they might be cow, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429275856.711557.webp
 
It is our choices that show us what we truly are far more than our abilities.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. --Plato


portrait_nea.webp​
 
So where does that leave me?
 
Very nice collection. Have not been able to find one yet. Still trying.
 
Impressive collection. Looking forward to more.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom