What's new

Who Collects Pleistocene Mammal Teeth?

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,315
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northcentral Florida
Show us your Pleistocene mammal teeth. Here's one:

tapir_upper_cheek.webp​
 
I have a couple. About half of these I actually got in trades from GatorBoy and Perico, so it is kinda a joint collection.

image1.webp
Here are three teeth. The top is deer, the middle is beaver, and the bottom is tapir.

image2.webp
Here is a close-up of the tapir crown.

IMG_1595.webp
Here is a beaver tooth from Big Brook, New Jersey.

image3.webp
Here are a pair of bison teeth.

image4.webp
Here are a pair of horse teeth. The right one is pre-erupted

image5.webp
A chunk of Mastodon enamel.

Once again, Thanks Perico and GatorBoy!
 
I have a couple. About half of these I actually got in trades from GatorBoy and Perico, so it is kinda a joint collection.



...
Here is a close-up of the tapir crown.
...
Here is a beaver tooth from Big Brook, New Jersey.

View attachment 1141979
Here are a pair of bison teeth.

View attachment 1141980
Here are a pair of horse teeth. The right one is pre-erupted
...
A chunk of Mastodon enamel.

Once again, Thanks Perico and GatorBoy!

Interesting, Ninjafossils . . . allow me to add some information. You have half a tapir upper crown. Of the pair of "bison teeth," the nearer tooth is a deciduous Equus horse tooth. Of the pair of horse teeth, the one on the left is a nice upper cheek tooth, but I cannot tell what the right object may be. Here are some images which may help you catalog your collection:


horse_deciduous.webp horse_equus_upper.webp horse_unerupted_lower.webp
 
I got it from gatorboy i think. he said it was pre-erupt
 
My favorite in my collection, the Glyptodont
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428279535.276689.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428279602.341298.webp
Tapir
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428279627.600646.webp
Various Horse teeth
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428279676.783015.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428279711.433641.webp
Camel or deer
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428279765.383587.webp
3 toes horse
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428279801.649919.webp
Mastodon
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428279868.878872.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428279889.346867.webp
Possible Mammoth portion
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428280036.291958.webp
Ground sloth I believeImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428280110.875444.webp
 
Last edited:
Well, that went well. Let's get back to the teeth. Here's a very stout sloth tooth that's one of my favs:
slothparamylodoncanine.webp​
 
Last edited:
Great post! Keep posting Harry. I find this post incredibly interesting and informative. I know you must have a lot in your collection. Hope everyone else shares as well.
 
Are they showing up now? They are on my end. Yes Harry, when I was trying to verify the tooth, I could not find a good photo even on Google. Don't think there are many loose teeth out there. I had to look at views of jaws and skulls.
 
Last edited:
I was never positive on the last two and threw them in there for your input. Thank you.
 
Here is that pre erupt horse tooth coming out Ninja..the chewing surface has not formed yet on that one

IMG_20150205_213400.webp



IMG_20150205_213323.webp



IMG_20150205_213242.webp
 
Last edited:
Nice Gator! What kind of teeth are the 2nd and 3rd pictures?
 
Sloth from the beach
 
Thank you ..I'll add some more after hopefully some other people chip in
 
These armadillo teeth don't survive well because they have no enamel -- it's all dentin. This one has more color than most:
armadillo_tooth.webp​
 
Well I guess Mastodon tusk would really be considered an elongated incisor here is a nice tip section.
Great visible growth rings on this one

ForumRunner_20150406_133208.webp



ForumRunner_20150406_133254.webp



ForumRunner_20150406_133313.webp
 
I found this tooth quite a while back while out treking and was hoping that it fit into your thread Harry. I have not been able to place it, but maybe one of you may help. (If it doesn't belong here let me know.) It is an inch wide, by an inch high.


folder #2 010.webp folder #2 009.webp

folder #2 012.webp folder #2 011.webp

The bottom/inside has a bluish tint to it.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom