What's new

Who Collects Shark Teeth?

When I was a kid, my granddad lived on the Chesapeake Bay. I remember he had coffee cans filled with teeth he had collected off the beach. I remember hunting teeth with my uncle back then. The teeth were plentiful but small. It was fun and thanks for the memory with this thread, be it old as it is. Personally, I don't collect but do have a few. These are from a Tiger Shark I believe?

DSC07283 (602x1024).webpDSC07286 (585x1024).webp
 
I used to dive in S.C. rivers for large teeth, but am no longer able to.
 
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492651959.183245.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492651989.097040.webp

Found on a dive trip off Venice Florida.
 
I do, I'll have to dig them out and take some pics but here is my biggest. Just shy of 7"
IMG_3053.webp
 
Incredible!! Wow! Where did you find that one??? Like the color of the other one as well.
 
Harry - we collected quite a few teeth when we lived in VA and GA. In MO now so not much to find on the teeth front. We found a ton at Westmoreland State Park in VA. Then moved to Savannah and found a bunch on Hilton Head and Tybee.

The one on the dime is one of the smallest ones we found.

Thanks for sharing.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0022.webp
    IMG_0022.webp
    639.5 KB · Views: 113
Here are some of mine from the Peace River. Harry, you may recognize me as "peace river rat"0128171439.webp
 
Here are a few of mine to add from the S.C. Lowcountry.....
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1728 (800x600).webp
    IMG_1728 (800x600).webp
    60 KB · Views: 109
Interesting... I have a few meg teeth. I will post some pics tomorrow.
 
Found some old pictures,,,, can't believe I didn't post these here before, searched but couldn't find them if I did :icon_scratch:

Some teeth and the little musketball head baby just because I like it.
 

Attachments

  • tooths.webp
    tooths.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 109
  • tooths1.webp
    tooths1.webp
    59.8 KB · Views: 111
  • tooths2.webp
    tooths2.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 109
Here are a few of mine to add from the S.C. Lowcountry.....

I have found lots of teeth and many other fossils, but only broken megs, not the first one! Oh well, I will just keep digging!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom