What's new

Who Fears? NS MEYER NEW YORK Pin

futurevagabond

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 30, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if anyone had any information about this pin I found. Based on the identification chart I believe this pin is from the 1930-1943. I'm interested if anyone knows the history of the graphics or if this is a rare piece? Thanks for reading!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8635.webp
    IMG_8635.webp
    812.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8636.webp
    IMG_8636.webp
    839.8 KB · Views: 62
Air Force
301st Bombardment Group
1942-1945
 
Upvote 0
The badge has the emblem of the 301st Bombardment Group of the USAAF (activated February 1942). The 301st BG flew its first missions as part of the 8th AF in England and participated in the first all American daylight bombing raids on the European Continent. They were transferred to the newly created 12th AF and sent to North Africa in November of 1942. After the conclusion of the war in North Africa, the 301st became part of the newly organized 15th AF.

The heraldry (where azure means blue and or means gold) is:

Shield: Azure, three ravens pendent from a spear fessways or. Motto: Who Fears? (Approved 11 Aug 1942.)
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thank you everyone for all the info, I appreciate the help!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom