What's new

Who Fears? NS MEYER NEW YORK Pin

futurevagabond

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 30, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if anyone had any information about this pin I found. Based on the identification chart I believe this pin is from the 1930-1943. I'm interested if anyone knows the history of the graphics or if this is a rare piece? Thanks for reading!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8635.webp
    IMG_8635.webp
    812.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8636.webp
    IMG_8636.webp
    839.8 KB · Views: 62
It's the Distinctive Unit Insignia for the 301st Operations Group (Originally the 301st Bombardment Group). The pin most likely is a modern day copy, as the unit insignia from WWII is still in use today.

So a USAF (Reserve) Wing/Group Patch, which is stationed out of Carswell Joint Reserve Base, Texas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/301st_Operations_Group
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info Mike! That was super helpful, I appreciate it!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom