What's new

Who here sells their metal detecting finds on eBay?

Nickleanddime

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2013
Messages
744
Reaction score
252
Golden Thread
0
Location
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not talking the good stuff. Im meaning the junk, pop tabs, smooth coins, hunks of metal, the scrap bucket junk. Ive seen dirty toy cars go for good money but ive seen flat rate boxes full of bits of metal for $30. So i was just wondering should i start keeping my junk?
 
I would give it a shot. You just never know. Doesn't cost that much to feel out the market. I have thrown together junk drawer lots, threw in some buff smoothies or wheaties and it really seemed to draw attention and I think may have added $10 or so to the selling price. Right now I have a lot of ox shoes and enough hardware to construct my own wagon, the thought has crossed my mind as to how well the stuff would do in a auction. I know from research that ox shoes can sell, but it's hit and miss.

HH
Vor
 
I used to, but then there was more of a demand, and it wasn't modern type junk. If you don't want it I'd have a hard time believing someone would pay for it these days.
 
I throw junk boxes on and noticed that when theres wheaties or coins of some sort it will get a better bid. Even coins that arent just below 82 it seems. It doesnt cost much your right and hey that trash might turn into money. I do it alot every year from trash picking.

IP your right in todays market people are a little tighter with spending. Ive noticed that shipping is getting to be a deciding factor for selling something. I just thought it was kinda silly to take trash and put it in a box. But like i mentioned some of it does sell for good money on eBay.
 
You know I live in and search in areas where Oxen were heavily in the timber industry. I will need to look them up as I had no idea that they oxen ha shoes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom