What's new

Who is this bust?

akormy

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I purchased this at a thrift store and I have no idea who he is!

The bust is ceramic with a white glaze. There are two different inscriptions on each side of the bust but both are totally unreadable. There are no other marks of any kind.

Can you help me? Do you know who he is?

DSC_0008.jpg
 
I am thinking it is a bust of Homer. No, not Simpson. The old
Greek guy. Jimbob
 
Upvote 0
Snakespear I tnink? Mnonty :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
Snakespear I tnink? Mnonty :wink:

Hey Monty, is your "h" button broke, or do you just have a fat finger. ;D :icon_jokercolor:
 
Upvote 0
I think that we can rule out Shakespeare... the features aren't quite right.

I agree that it does look like Socrates, the only thing that throws me on that one is the facial hair. It seems to modern for a classical Greek or Roman man.

Something in me thinks I've seen him before and for whatever reason my instincts have been telling me he's German.
 
Upvote 0
Hmmm. I was concentrating on his facial features not his facial hair and I'm tending to agree with you. His moustache especially. My next thought was Nietzche but can find no photo of him bald with a beard (that and his moustache was HUGE).

Where was that drawing board again?
 
Upvote 0
Definately Russian...if not Socrates.

Not even remotely close to Shakespeare.

DH24
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was Karl Marx.
Scott
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom