What's new

Who is this old dude on this screw cap?!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello!

I dug this screw cap in Eugene Oregon today. I assume it's kinda old because of the depth that I dug it at. Anyone know who this guy is on this cap? How old it is? What did this cap come off of?

THANKS!
Neil
 

Attachments

  • March24-2010cap.webp
    March24-2010cap.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 365
  • March24-2010cap.webp
    March24-2010cap.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 350
I have seen the face before but that no help.
 
Upvote 0
I've seen that guy... Pittsburg California for this one.
 

Attachments

  • Old Dude.webp
    Old Dude.webp
    36 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0
My first thought was wine bottle cap. The guy could be the vintner. Pick some popular brands and start searching...

Start with Ernest Gallo. :dontknow:

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
screw caps by their nature are not that old as a general rule and being found at depth is not a 100% way to know its old -- remember being found deep is not "proof" its old :wink: :icon_thumright:

I'm thinking gallo bros. wine bottle screw top -- both earnest and julio wore glasse's :wink:
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
screw caps by their nature are not that old as a general rule and being found at depth is not a 100% way to know its old -- remember being found deep is not "proof" its old :wink: :icon_thumright:

I'm thinking gallo bros. wine bottle screw top -- both earnest and julio wore glasse's :wink:

Yeah, I know you're right. Heck, I've found 1970's Memorial cents 8 inches deep before! HOW DO THEY GET THAT DEEP?!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom