What's new

Who knows about BUCKLES???????????????

worldtalker

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,617
Reaction score
31,162
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This buckle intrigues me,it seems rather well made,what era,and,what type metal is it? God Bless HH Chris
 
Sorry F P !!
 

Attachments

  • K640_013.webp
    K640_013.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0
:read2:

Georgian Shoe Buckle....1720-1790 :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
worldtalker said:
Broken knee said:
It's Silver, Nice find. HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
Fraid not.
Do you think it's brass? The reason I say silver that black patina can be quite thick. Have you scratched it? Cumming out of the ground you cant hurt it.
BK
 
Upvote 0
:read2:

The Buckle is Bronze..(copper alloy) :thumbsup:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:read2:

The Buckle is Bronze..(copper alloy) :thumbsup:

SS
SS, I suspected this,and the age,this means one of the earlier sites, and I will hit it hard,nice to be retired! Thanks mate! God Bless HH Chris
 
Upvote 0
worldtalker said:
Silver Searcher said:
:read2:

The Buckle is Bronze..(copper alloy) :thumbsup:

SS
SS, I suspected this,and the age,this means one of the earlier sites, and I will hit it hard,nice to be retired! Thanks mate! God Bless HH Chris
There should be more good finds there to be had :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
worldtalker said:
Silver Searcher said:
:read2:

The Buckle is Bronze..(copper alloy) :thumbsup:

SS
SS, I suspected this,and the age,this means one of the earlier sites, and I will hit it hard,nice to be retired! Thanks mate! God Bless HH Chris
Worldtalker, "you suspected this" the only way to tell is scratch or scrape it. I have silver buckles that look just like yours. I didn't think they were either till scraping off the patina. You did ask what type of metal it is? HH
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Broken knee said:
worldtalker said:
Silver Searcher said:
:read2:

The Buckle is Bronze..(copper alloy) :thumbsup:

SS
SS, I suspected this,and the age,this means one of the earlier sites, and I will hit it hard,nice to be retired! Thanks mate! God Bless HH Chris
Worldtalker, "you suspected this" the only way to tell is scratch or scrape it. I have silver buckles that look just like yours. I didn't think they were either till scraping off the patina. You did ask what type of metal it is? HH
Broken Knee
B.K. This is cleaned condition,it is defiantly bronze.
 
Upvote 0
Funnily enough, I just bought a book about buckles. Silver Searcher is right on the money with his ID :thumbsup:, Two-Piece Sub-Rectangular Buckle 1720 to 1790's, and although this one looks like copper alloy, they also came in steel and "base white metal". The book doesn't explain "base white metal" though :dontknow:. Here is a link to one on UKDFD
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=9716&cat=177



hammered
 
Upvote 0
hammered said:
Funnily enough, I just bought a book about buckles. Silver Searcher is right on the money with his ID :thumbsup:, Two-Piece Sub-Rectangular Buckle 1720 to 1790's, and although this one looks like copper alloy, they also came in steel and "base white metal". The book doesn't explain "base white metal" though :dontknow:. Here is a link to one on UKDFD
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=9716&cat=177



hammered
Thanks Ian,I was Thrilled with this one!!!!!! God Bless HH Chris
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom