What's new

Who uses this tool at the beach?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2017
Messages
2,192
Reaction score
3,713
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen this numerous times on eBay and have never figured it out.

Who has this tool?
How do you use it?
How does it compliment a metal detector?

Unless on uses it as a rake in the sand hoping to snag a chain I can’t see this be used
For anything else.

86C46E6D-2AFD-40E4-A046-EDDABEB03C24.webp

Thanx in advance for your reply.
 
Your idea is probably right on how it's supposed to work but mainly it's a ploy to extract 120 bucks from your britches..
 
Holy crap that's expensive plus shipping is ridiculous. Looks like a glorified sand rake. I wouldn't get it, if I needed a rake on the beach I would use my $10 one from Walmart.
 
Your idea is probably right on how it's supposed to work but mainly it's a ploy to extract 120 bucks from your britches..
BB480FC6-3520-4D04-A450-C5E48BCB45F8.webp
Thank you for your reply. I had a strong gut feeling that I was not the only one with this analysis of a snake oil salesman.
1897144E-EEF8-410D-8CEB-B2FEC4224044.webp
 
I recently discovered that it actually is used to find gold chains by dragging it on the beach. Most metal detectors don’t intensify broken chains unless they are thick, have a pendant or a thick clasp.

If you are not allowed to metal detect a certain beach maybe you can bring your sand toys and “play” in the sand

Cheers
 
I recently discovered that it actually is used to find gold chains by dragging it on the beach. Most metal detectors don’t intensify broken chains unless they are thick, have a pendant or a thick clasp.

If you are not allowed to metal detect a certain beach maybe you can bring your sand toys and “play” in the sand

Cheers

Looks like a seaweed magnet to me! I guess "tired" is not a factor. But then you see lots of people with all the gear hanging off like a Christmas tree and they're wondering why they can't make it thru a 2 hour hunt.
 
It's so you can turn the beach into your own personal zen garden.LOL
 
I don't think it would work. To get any depth would require constant downward force while pulling it through the sand. That design, you couldn't pull it through wet sand two inches down, or maybe, with enormous effort. I see one practical use for it. Attach powerful magnets to each tip, and drag it behind you to pick up nails in your driveway.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom