CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen this numerous times on eBay and have never figured it out.

Who has this tool?
How do you use it?
How does it compliment a metal detector?

Unless on uses it as a rake in the sand hoping to snag a chain I can’t see this be used
For anything else.

86C46E6D-2AFD-40E4-A046-EDDABEB03C24.jpeg

Thanx in advance for your reply.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your idea is probably right on how it's supposed to work but mainly it's a ploy to extract 120 bucks from your britches..

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Holy crap that's expensive plus shipping is ridiculous. Looks like a glorified sand rake. I wouldn't get it, if I needed a rake on the beach I would use my $10 one from Walmart.

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your idea is probably right on how it's supposed to work but mainly it's a ploy to extract 120 bucks from your britches..
BB480FC6-3520-4D04-A450-C5E48BCB45F8.jpeg
Thank you for your reply. I had a strong gut feeling that I was not the only one with this analysis of a snake oil salesman.
1897144E-EEF8-410D-8CEB-B2FEC4224044.jpeg

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently discovered that it actually is used to find gold chains by dragging it on the beach. Most metal detectors don’t intensify broken chains unless they are thick, have a pendant or a thick clasp.

If you are not allowed to metal detect a certain beach maybe you can bring your sand toys and “play” in the sand

Cheers

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently discovered that it actually is used to find gold chains by dragging it on the beach. Most metal detectors don’t intensify broken chains unless they are thick, have a pendant or a thick clasp.

If you are not allowed to metal detect a certain beach maybe you can bring your sand toys and “play” in the sand

Cheers

Looks like a seaweed magnet to me! I guess "tired" is not a factor. But then you see lots of people with all the gear hanging off like a Christmas tree and they're wondering why they can't make it thru a 2 hour hunt.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's so you can turn the beach into your own personal zen garden.LOL

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think it would work. To get any depth would require constant downward force while pulling it through the sand. That design, you couldn't pull it through wet sand two inches down, or maybe, with enormous effort. I see one practical use for it. Attach powerful magnets to each tip, and drag it behind you to pick up nails in your driveway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread