WHO WANTS TO DIVE FOR TREASURE

flightseven

Oct 8, 2007
Hollywood Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab excal 1000
ahoy seahunter,
what a generous offer you've made to this community. It sounds very exciting, do you know the name of the wreck u are working?
I would be interested in finding out details on how u got permitted and so on. I 'm new to treasure hunting, but not to diving.
I am a decent diver and am considering heading up ur way maybe friday.

Maybe not even to dive, but to act as deckhand, I'm pretty ablebodied and skipper a 21 center console of my own.

Well hope ur finds are coming in nicely. Thanks a million for the offer. Probably once in a lifetime.

I also wield the deadly excal 1000.

let me know about friday or maybe saturday, otherwise I was gonna go up to just below ft. pierce and hunt the beaches.

regards joe

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Joe
Would like to have you join us, but it will have to be another time. I am out of town for the weekend. Stay in touch and we will make it work out.
Seahunter

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Joe

Good luck up in Ft Pierce. ScottyLee did good up there a couple weeks ago. I think he was about half a mile north of the old Chucks steak house site. Look for the black sand.

Seahunter

flightseven

Oct 8, 2007
Hollywood Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab excal 1000
Hey seahunt,
made the trip up today, man talk about a cut. The inlet to the south has has a doosey.
no luck there or to the south, hit a park and then jensen beach, a few coins that's it.

I did stop to take a pic of the St. Lucie power plant and had a guy pull me over who had an m16
that was a little exciting. It was a nice drive though.

The reason I was lookin south is as I watched the water the other day I was imaging the ships as they were in trouble and the power of the waves to carry things in (on this particular day) a southerly direction.

So I was sorta testin out an idea. No luck today though. Let me know how you're doin and if I can join u sometime. Good hunting.

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Flightseven
Would like to have you visit us if the weather ever decides to cooperate. At least the weather is good for beach hunting. Stay in touch and we will find a time that works.
Seahunter

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Flightseven,
Did you see the Polly L off the beach just south of the St. Lucie Power Plant? We are working there til December. The swim out to a skiff tonight (about 6:00) was a bear, really rough out here right now but I hear it's been nice.
Diverlynn

flightseven

Oct 8, 2007
Hollywood Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab excal 1000
Hi diverlynn,
Just a quick note back to ya, no I did'nt see the Polly L south of the Power Plant, I thought I took a picture of her in the inlet at Ft. Pierce that morning, last friday. I guess I was mistaken, and I can't figure out how to upload the pic so oh well.
I have heard about the PollyL and read some stuff. I thought u guys were gonna be working an area around Ft.Pierce inlet. If u dont mind keep me in the loop as to how u guys are doin and what kind of finds ur makin. I'm sure it'd be really interseting. How bout that black swan find out there, holy mackeral now that's almost unimaginable, but true. Anyway nice of u to write.
I'm gonna return up that way occasionaly, maybe we can meet up one time.
take care, be careful on the dives. Good Hunting:)

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
flightseven,
We took cover in the inlet for a week till the wind & seas calmed. We aren't diving right now, in a contract for the use of our deck for some construction. We hope to be back at it by mid Dec., good chance we will be heading out of state for a while. Will let you know more info when the contracts are in place.
Diverlynn

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Ok its bookmarked :) Nice site Scott.
I still need to get down there. Maybe I can out do the other Dale ;D

ballbuster

Sep 27, 2006
Scott,

The site looks great. Looking forward to seeing some GOLD in those pictures. Living this adventure with you guys had been great. I'm looking forward to future posts on TNET as well as your site.

Jim

tac512ltd

Aug 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark; Aquavision 2007
Scott - The site is looking good! I hope you and the guys are well. All of you have a great Holiday Season. Tim

cliffscot

Oct 19, 2007
Bimini, Bahamas & Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 8-x, Garrett Sea Hunter
Scott,

Looking forward to seeing you soon! Was up on Lanier and got ran off by the park Rangers for using metal detectors on the banks. Doesn't make since?

Cliff

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dale
I hope you can come down and do better than the other Dale too.

Jim
I am also looking forward to posting the gold finds.

Tim
We are all doing fine and looking forward to diving with you again in the spring.

Cliff
We won't have any park rangers running us off down here. they are actually real nice and friendly here.

Scott

ballbuster

Sep 27, 2006
Could someone point me in the right direction if I wanted to obtain information abut recovery efforts prior to Seahunters efforts. Who found the wreck, who worked it and what was recovered? I'm somewhat a Johnny come lately here and would like a little history to wile away the winter blues. Thanks in advance.

Jim

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Jim,

I am sure Seahunter can give you just about the complete history on the Jupiter Wreck. I saw he had posted a new website but didn't see if there was a history link on there yet.

Here is a great book on Amazon that has a lot of info on the wreck and the history of the site. It can be picked up USED for $4.77 plus shipping! It also has the story on several other wrecks, not just Jupiter.

http://www.amazon.com/Treasures-Spa...r_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196693568&sr=8-10

Good luck,

Robert

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Great website, Scott! It was cool to recap the highlights of the past year with the top buttons. And I see you've got Peg's favorite picture on the homepage ;)

Ball buster, you might PM Mackaydon (another Tnet member) and ask him. He or Seahunter can help you with info on the past recovery efforts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread