Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
As if chrome plating wasn't enough.:BangHead:.:BangHead: Rescued after 10 years 017.JPG Rescued after 10 years 019.JPG Rescued after 10 years 021.JPG .they added gold highlights??? Reminds me of the current two-tone hair color fashion trend. Fake is fake.:laughing7:

Upvote 0

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey now! She's still silver Monte!!!!! Great score again!!!!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, like the Conway Twitty song about the Lady in the "tight fittin' jeans." I was just surprised to find a chromed Walker. 1937 is a good date...Can't see or read the mint mark.

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Enamel, you've found a chromed/golded walker too? I just can't imagine someone doing that to an already beautiful coin. Guess beauty is in the eye of the plater!

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Greastart, here's one I found last year:

IMAG0271_1.jpg

With the help of TNet we determined it from a necklace, so naturally we put it back into a necklace. It's one of my girlfriend's favorites to wear now, and it's definitely a conversation piece :)

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Me too, I ended up giving it for a tip to a waiter that "really" liked it and thanked me!! Some people have no taste!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw one in the money clip this weekend at the flea market. The lady wanted $20 for it. Or I can make an offer. I just walked away though.

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Careful Avago...that's a taboo subject around here! People be wantin' to start a fight over that ugly ask sticker.

I'm not complaining. Bottom line is, it's a 90%er under all that makeup. I like the necklace idea. Just don't think my wife would go for it. I'll probably just roll it up and put it away. Who knows...maybe a nitric acid bath and just turn it back into good old solid Ag. Usually just use the 40s for that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I have. Lot of work. Problem doing so is that I take a known quantity, (X grams of metal containing 40% Ag) and turn it into an unknown, untested, unassayed lump of metal containing 100% of ???

In terms of trade value, it's not too smart. In terms of pure fun and shiny ...priceless! Making biodiesel from used vegetable oil is more rewarding.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scammers do that to convince the unsuspecting public
they are worth 10 times their silver value :(

Nydus Touch

Jan 9, 2013
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I have also seen a couple walkers in the same shape, I have also seen on that I believe was gold plated.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As if chrome plating wasn't enough.:BangHead:.:BangHead: View attachment 1186761 View attachment 1186762 View attachment 1186763 .they added gold highlights??? Reminds me of the current two-tone hair color fashion trend. Fake is fake.:laughing7:

Someone who likes that look.
At my LCS there is a display of about 6-7 Morgans that were Polished in nearly the same Way.
Also think I saw a Pawn Stars episode were someone had some Semi & Key Date Morgans & Peace Dollars that were made into 'Survival Mirrors ' as well.

As it was said "Still 90% silver Tho"
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions