Whos The Most Famous Person Youve Ever Met?

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Who's The Most Famous Person You've Ever Met?

;D ;D

I can understand that completely! Clint Eastwood, saying hello - and talking to my brother-in-law at the table - I'm not sure I was able to manage more than a nod and a drool!!!!

B

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Doc Ricketts.

My brother-law and sister-in-law used to live in Monterey for several years, and my brother-in-law played every week at Doc Ricketts.
(by the name of Dusty Roads).

B

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

TAKODA said:
General Norman Schwarzkoph

I was stationed on the USS Shenandoah (AD-44) with his cousin! ;) (Does that count?) LOL

Met at the commissioning of one of the Navy's Finest Nuclear Subs at EB, Groton, Ct....the then VP George Bush (Poppa Bush), Adm Rickover (very long winded!) and was the duty driver that day for the then Sec of the Navy, John Lehman.

At one of my re-enlistments (was also the ships commissioning day), W. Graham Claytor Jr (former Sec of the Navy and heir in the railroad company. 1912-1994). He attended my re-enlistment!

While patrolling Shea Stadium back in high school as an Auxilary Police Woman, met in the same night, Soupy Sales and Robert Wagner (both of them signed my patrol book, which I still have!)...SUPER NICE GUYS!

Got a pic of Tony Danza's arshe...LOL! We were in NY in Nov 2004, just coming out of the hotel, who walks by, but Tony Danza, his wife and daughter. Before I realized who it was, he already walked past me...he looked right at me and smiled too! (swoon!)...so all I got was a pic of his arshe! LOL

Temptations ... still have my autographed T-Shirt and photo of us!

Dang, the name escapes me... The Shirelles, I think it was...the ones who sang the NAME GAME! Dang it...it was at a resturant in Long Island we where having dinner at...got a pic with them and autographs on a napkin! ;)

The Apollo Astronauts, think it was 1969...they were at the Channel 5 Office (NYC), which was across the street from my grandparents house...Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong. I think that is who it was...LOL... we were just kids and they (the adults) ignored us! But we got to see them anyways, even though no autographs or photos!

Pope John Paul at the Vatican. It was a special meeting with the Pope.

There are more, but having my CRS moment!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mrs.oroblanco said:
Doc Ricketts.

My brother-law and sister-in-law used to live in Monterey for several years, and my brother-in-law played every week at Doc Ricketts.
(by the name of Dusty Roads).

B

Great wrasler!

TiredIron

Mar 10, 2009
Cotopaxi, Colorado
Detector(s) used
CZ-7, F5, FX-3

1. Werner Von Braun...Rocket Scientist.....shook his hand.
2. Gene Hackman...took me for a ride on motorcycle...filming "Bite the Bullet".
3. Candace Bergen...gave me kiss...during filming "Bite the Bullet".
4. I've worked on Kurt Russell's biplane in Aspen...lunch with him and Goldie.
5. Robert "Bob" Caren...tail Gunner in the Enola Gay...my neighbor.... deceased.
6. Steven Tyler.....at a Machine Gun Shoot...he's a collector.
7. John Denver and his Father....I have flown cross county in biplanes with both.
8. Ben Johnson......real American Cowboy.
9. General Chuck Yeager.....while I lived at Clark AFB Philippines 1965-67. Sat
next to his daughter in the 9th grade.

Thats all I got....
TiredIron

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike,

No, he's not the wrestler. Dusty Roads, the singer and great guitarist, has had that name since he was 14 - long before the wrestler.

B

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mrs.oroblanco said:
Mike,

No, he's not the wrestler. Dusty Roads, the singer and great guitarist, has had that name since he was 14 - long before the wrestler.

B

I know. I was just funnin ya

Mike

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry for the mistake Gollum, I ain't that up on pop culture, and it was cool to imagine y'all in a bar brawl with the Fabulous Thunderbirds. I heard you knocked Eddie Vedder out? (I'll like that one forever.) Probably very few remember Gene Pitney, Mrs. Oroblanco, so you now know what a forum without pity can do. (heehee)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Eddie Vedder story is really kind of funny. When Pearl Jam was playing in New Orleans, they came to a nighclub I was managing at about 10:30 after the show. He was really nice then.

At about 1AM, he was drunk and very belligerent. He was getting very pushy with a friend of mine named Jimmy Gorman, and when I walked up and asked him if he would mind chilling out some, he yelled "F***, MOTHERF**** YOU!" He then started to draw back his fist. When he did that, I gave him a left hook as hard as I could, and he went straight to the floor. I remembered that he had come in with a pretty big crowd and started backing toward the wall. I saw some movement in my peripheral vision coming at me from the bar, and I shuffled to kick it, but my doorman hit the guy and knocked him out. It turned out to be Jack McDowell (White Sox Pitcher).

The doorman's girlfriend (a 5'3" petite blonde) ran up and started kicking Vedder in the head. I pulled her away and we dragged Vedder and McDowell outside to wait for the cops. They were both out for about 10-15 minutes.

About a week later, a friend of mine in Florida (St. Pete) saw Pearl Jam in concert and Vedder said that his black eye and bruises came from being jumped by a gang of rednecks in the French Quarter. The black eye came from me, and the bruises came from a very cute petite blonde stripper. HAHAHA A bit later, it was a rerun a bunch of times of MTV News.

Vedder tried suing us and the club, but when we went to court, the only thing that happened was my doorman (who had been to court countless times for assault) was banned from working in any establishment that served alchohol (funny thing was he hadn't had a drop to drink because he was working).

One of the bartenders named a drink after me, called the "Left Hook" : Four ounces of tequila and two ounces of tobasco sauce served unchilled at room temperature. Trust me, it stays with you for a while.

Here is an article about it that I'm not mentioned in (management was not implicated). It says that James Gorman was a waiter. He wasn't. Jimmy Gorman was a Pot Dealer whose father (Chickie Gorman) was a very well known agent of the DEA.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/11/19/s...lved-in-new-orleans-scuffle.html?pagewanted=1

Contrary to the article, Jimmy never touched Vedder and what little fight there was all happened inside. If it weren't for Tony talking to the paper, he never would have been banned from working in bars.

Best-Mike

PS

I can't say 100% that Vedder didn't spit at Jimmy before I came in, but that wasn't when he got hit.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The big thing that came from it was right after it was in the paper and on MTV News, every guy that thought he was a bada$$ was coming to the club every weekend trying to start fights. This went on for about two to three months.

Because his name was used for the article, we started calling him Bill from Hawaii, because all the bada$$es were looking for Anthony Martinez and Jimmy Gorman (who didn't even work there). It was fun at first, but got tiresome really quick.

Mike

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Richard Nixon

JoeMoto

Jan 3, 2006
Oklahoma

Sammy Hagar, Lester Hayes & Todd Christiansen (80's L.A. Raiders), Murray Langston (Unknown Comic) who was with Ruth Buzzi's husband (they were neighbors), Edie Adams, Rosie (and the Originals), Michael Winslow (funny sound effects guy from the Police Academy movies).
More that escape me at the moment.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

Thor Heyerdal of the Kon Tiki expedition. He came into the bookshop where I once worked, to sign copies of his book...like a 100 yrs ago.. :read2: I was also given a small piece of the papyrus grass that made up the Kon Tiki......A charming gentleman.

reagrds U.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just now came across this thread. Really is very interesting. Wonder why it died out. I never actually thought about the question before this discovery. I'll bet there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of new members since this last post in 2010 that have met some pretty interesting and famous folks. Not sure how one would define famous. As a cardiac and emergency room RN I've met quite a few that I can't mention, but I'm going to work on a list of others that I can. Won't take me long! LOL

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meet Lou Ferrigno (Hulk) at a comic book convention while I was there helping my brother at his table.

Met Nick Goody, a professional baseball pitcher who has pitched for Yankees, Cleveland, Texas, and Washington. He is the nephew of a very good friend.

My brother a famous comic book artist is probably the most famous person I know personally.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met the Pope at the Vatican. As he was walking away after our little chat, I heard someone in the crowd of onlookers say: "Who was that dude in the big hat with Red-Coat?".

Seriously though... Paul McCartney was probably the most famous person I met.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread