Whos The Most Famous Person Youve Ever Met?

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
When I and my siblings were small kids in the mid 60's my dad would take us to the Indianapolis airport to see the planes. For kids living in the country where many of our neighbors were a piece away it was a big deal to see the planes. One day while there we were walking in the terminal and my dad said casually "There is Johnny Cash". We turn to where he was indicating and about 15 feet away was Johnny leaning on the counter, with his guitar there too. We had no idea who Johnny Cash was at the time.

In the late 80s I had graduated from college and had a position working downtown Indy. I went to the City Market for coffee and there at a back bistro was Mick Jagger and who I guess was his bodyguard. It was about 8 am and they were all alone in the area, sipping on coffee or tea.

My wife and I took a trip during the off season to myrtle beach during the Halloween season. At the Hard Rock the Little River Band was playing. The venue was lightly attended at and the end of what I thought was amazing show when we were walking out, a band manager or someone was handing out cards and telling everyone was welcome to come backstage and have a drink with the band. We took them up on it but think most thought it was not an actual invite. We stood around with the Little River band members having a few brews and shooting the breeze. It was a great night all around.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A thousand years ago our daughter had IT bad for this guy.So we pulled some strings and here they are backstage...
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Springfield
001.JPG

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met Martin and Mantle in a restaurant in Lakeland, Fl. Dodgertown is in Lakeland. I got to throw out opening pitch once for minor league season opener.
Ted Kluszewski at a Reds game in Cincinnati. He was huge. Wore a sleeveless jersey because his biceps were so big.
A J Foyt in the paddock at the 12 Hrs at Sebring. An advertising guy was after me to sponsor the Tide NASCAR entry and took me schmoozing.
Orel and his family in Vero.
Traded a 67 big block with Bill Tower for a 68 327/350 hp roadster. Got to crawl under his $2M Gran Sport when he had them all in a barn in Plant City.
Sat with Sinbad for a few hours in a Clearwater establishment having to endure the awful task of judging a beauty contest for Playboy. Had to endure dancing with a current centerfold.

T L Kott

Sep 20, 2021
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Considering my options at this time...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Selma Blair:
I actually new her a bit and hung out with her for a couple of summers. She is a very nice person. She was going out with a friend of mine here in Michigan at the time. But I knew her as Blair. This was late 80's early 90's.
Sorry, I won't give out details. That's private. And will remain private.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I envy you. BiBi is a great man
We shook hands,he thanked us for our help at the time and didn,t hang around long. Had a war to help win you see.I remember he had a presence about him that few men,even great commanders have. I would like to have met Avigdor Kahalani, a contemporary of Netanyahu.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While attending the annual Flyfishing Expo here in Michigan years ago, I had to relieve myself and while standing at a urinal, a famous flyfisher named Dave Whitlock walked up to the urinal next to me. I decided against starting a conversation or shaking his hand, so we just nodded!

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Who's The Most Famous Person You've Ever Met?

John Doe :icon_sunny:

Seriously though, I have met all the Beatles!
Back when they thought they were more famous than God. :icon_jokercolor: :icon_king: :glasses11: :angel3:
Wish I still had their autographs.

I also met Elvis Presley when he was making a movie with Donna Butterworth in Hawaii.
Neil Armstrong.
Came to our FOB in AFG and we had lunch with him and a couple more astronauts.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When work transferred me to a Chicago suburb in the early 90's, I met Bob Probert with his family at a local jewelry store when the Red Wings traded him to the Black Hawks. Moved to Michigan later in the 90's, and just recently met Joey Kocur who retired from the Red Wings with four Stanley Cup rings.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it would be Carlos Hathcock .The legend,the great, the late.
>> https://blogs.va.gov/VAntage/73584/white-feather-sniper-carlos-hathcock/
Not only met him but we became friends that lasted decades until his death in 1999.
First pix. at the range at Quantaco Va.(around 1990)

Second pic. "eval of hits" at 500 yds. by sniper teams in training (of a known bad guy ).Aim point- the right lens of his sun glass
001.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG

Third pix. in his home at Virginia Beach.
This guy truly, was one of a kind . RIP

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it would be Carlos Hathcock .The legend,the great, the late.
>> https://blogs.va.gov/VAntage/73584/white-feather-sniper-carlos-hathcock/
Not only met him but we became friends that lasted decades until his death in 1999.
First pix. at the range at Quantaco Va.(around 1990)

Second pic. "eval of hits" at 500 yds. by sniper teams in training (of a known bad guy ).Aim point- the right lens of his sun glass View attachment 2037485 View attachment 2037488 View attachment 2037489
Third pix. in his home at Virginia Beach.
This guy truly, was one of a kind . RIP
Hathcock was born in Geyer Springs,on the South edge of Little Rock.Definitely one of a kind. Brave,resourceful,resolute.A kind man too,as are all true warriors if you get to know them.If there is truly a Valhalla for fallen warriors,let there be a shaded nook for Carlos and his brothers,in and out of the service.May he rest in peace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread