What's new

Why did the turkey cross the road?

hvacker

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
2,360
Reaction score
1,907
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
To get to my table! Wild Turkey NH.webp
 
That looks like a New Hampshire turkey, in New Mexico?
 
To chase the mail truck like a couple years ago on youtube.
 
Why did the turkey cross the road?

Ooo Ooo, I know this one.... because I had set up my deep fryer pot on the other side of it?! ;D
 
Because they are ugly bad natured birds and there was probably someone on the other side they wanted to harass. Had a enormous one last year that took over a section of sidewalk as his own personal space and did not allow anyone to pass without making noise and gestures like he would attack. Stayed in the same darn spot for a good part of the summer succeeded in keeping people off his sidewalk.
 
I had a goat sit on my back today, uninvited. And he went after my Coca Cola bottle. Like who wants what's left after a GOAT tries to get a drink of it? Does he count as a turkey?
 
We have a lot of wild turkeys in Connecticut.
 
And in Washington.
 
Actually in New Mexico too. Somewhere here.
 
I lived in the country growing up and suburbs the rest of my life and never saw a wild turkey for at least the first 50 years. Now those darn birds are everywhere, like they have figured out no one can shoot them if they hang out on sidewalks. Clearly there needs to be more turkey hunting.
 
Last edited:
It is Deerfield NH. I didn't know there were NH turkeys

I live very close to there. I know there are a ton of turkeys where I live, I see them all the time, not sure they are different than turkeys from any other state though lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom