Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Can somebody explain why I see posts like this?

"Going to visit family in East Nowhere, U.S.A. I'm bringing my trusty Acme Super Duper Model X metal detector with me to do some treasure hunting. Anybody in East Nowhere know any good places to hunt?"

Does this person actually expect a complete stranger in East Nowhere to reveal his secret locations?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
what is obviously apparent to one person isn't always apparent to another.. it is always amazing the sheer number of people who are secretly glad that someone else asked the question that they themselves wanted to but were afraid or ashamed. everyone is ignorant, no one knows everything otherwise we would all be rocket scientists about everything and would have no need for any kind of help on anything. Being stupid on the other hand... well, Forest Gump said it best.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've asked myself this question many times. Usually when I have to read a post twice just to make sure I understood the 1st time... That's my first "clue". I try to ignore or post back something MORE stupid. I'm really getting better at the ignoring part.

I wonder why E=MC2?

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, it does not hurt to ask. Of course you might end up with directions over an old land fill or some remote spot in a getto but hey you asked. ;)

Honestly I do think some people get a good deal out of the question occasionally and actually are directed to an ok spot or meet some ok people. I know its kind of irritating to see this particular type of question over and over again.... kind of like whats the best detector.... but it does not hurt to ask. My thoughts.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people just understand the hobby is not only about the finds but the friendships you make along the way. I regularly reach out to people and had some great hunts with some amazing and interesting people. I hope they feel the same about me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have told people where to hunt in past, but none were private spots. All parks are listed on local maps and beaches are kinda hard to miss....

Last edited:

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder why E=MC2?

This actually may not be true anymore. Recent findings have determined that light travels slower then was thought. A super nova that happened in 1972(?) had its light show up 4 hours late. :)

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can somebody explain why I see posts like this?

Does this person actually expect a complete stranger in East Nowhere to reveal his secret locations?
Because they always get an answer.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I could not find that post here on T net …. I always think of post like that when i see them …. That some one is just being a smart a$$ and seeing if some one is dumb enough to give them a answer… Then the poster is just laughing his / her a$$ off..

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, it does not hurt to ask. Of course you might end up with directions over an old land fill or some remote spot in a getto but hey you asked. ;)

Honestly I do think some people get a good deal out of the question occasionally and actually are directed to an ok spot or meet some ok people. I know its kind of irritating to see this particular type of question over and over again.... kind of like whats the best detector.... but it does not hurt to ask. My thoughts.

Hey! Hey! Those are my prime hunting spots!!! Darn it!!!! Now the world knows! Thank a lot!!! :laughing7:

I'd suggest parks & public places, and if you want to search where I search, take your Tylenol now because your gonna need it! They used clean out from the trash furnaces for fill in this city!
I doubt they stick around for long!

onepenny

Jun 24, 2014
Palo Alto Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New guy here burning time.
I spend a bit of time on a waterfowling forum and see the same question asked about "spots" for hunting. The problem is, like taxes, once you share, it's no longer a secret and forever in the information cloud. My guess is the people asking are much younger and do not know the proper fishing techniques. A better shot would be : Hi, my name is Rufus, I am 11 years old and just got an xcv super coil money finder for my good grades in school. I live in Zincoln and was wondering where I should go in order to find something? So far, I've only found pull tabs and foil @ my school. Thanks.

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's wrong with trying to meet other fellow people in the hobby if you are traveling out of town? I wouldn't expect someone to tell me their location but going out hunting with them for a day is reasonable (and I've done it before). I assume you are referring to the post by my good friend JimDon even though you didn't say so directly. There was nothing wrong or ridiculous about the post. What's wrong with making new friends?

I've got a better question. Why do people on treasurenet have to be so rude? Do you not have anything better to do than complain?

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What's wrong with trying to meet other fellow people in the hobby if you are traveling out of town? I wouldn't expect someone to tell me their location but going out hunting with them for a day is reasonable (and I've done it before). I assume you are referring to the post by my good friend JimDon even though you didn't say so directly. There was nothing wrong or ridiculous about the post. What's wrong with making new friends?

I've got a better question. Why do people on treasurenet have to be so rude? Do you not have anything better to do than complain?

Hold on there Sunshine, don't get your panties in a wad. I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. It seems like there are numerous threads like that every day. I wasn't complaining, just wondering if anyone seriously believes they will learn any good information that way. Its a legitimate question.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could not find that post here on T net …. I always think of post like that when i see them …. That some one is just being a smart a$$ and seeing if some one is dumb enough to give them a answer… Then the poster is just laughing his / her a$$ off.. BUT I COULD NOT FIND IT HERE SO I DO NOT THINK IT IS HERE ON T NET..
He just made that post up as an example of the ones he sees on here.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold on there Sunshine, don't get your panties in a wad. I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. It seems like there are numerous threads like that every day. I wasn't complaining, just wondering if anyone seriously believes they will learn any good information that way. Its a legitimate question.
And he gave you a legitimate answer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen lets please keep it civil and by the rules....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry ...TH … You know i get carried away at times .. But i am working on it ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread