why do sketchy people like to watch you metal detect??

Do you have a phone? You should probably have called someone :-\

Perhaps someone who is scoping you out to see what you may be finding or how many targets you dig. Then there is the possibility that their intentions are not good ones. Do you hunt with an adult? If not, you might want to try and find someone to go with you. No matter what you decide, just keep your safety in mind at all times while out in the field MD'ing.

Luck to ya

~Nash~

Nashoba said:
Perhaps someone who is scoping you out to see what you may be finding or how many targets you dig. Then there is the possibility that their intentions are not good ones. Do you hunt with an adult? If not, you might want to try and find someone to go with you. No matter what you decide, just keep your safety in mind at all times while out in the field MD'ing.

Luck to ya

~Nash~
Good advise Nash :thumbsup:

SS

You'd be better off going out with somebody, just to watch for a plate #. Be carefull no target is worth it, especially if your the one!

Next time they do that, drop your detector and pull out your pistol probe pinpointer. Then open your eyes as wide as you can, direct the pointer in their direction and smile at them.

Don't do that I'm just joking...

4-H said:
Next time they do that, drop your detector and pull out your pistol probe pinpointer. Then open your eyes as wide as you can, direct the pointer in their direction and smile at them.

Don't do that I'm just joking...
:laughing7:

If you're in a sketchy area, find another place to metal detect. If it's the same truck over and again, call the cops. Always carry a digging tool that will work as a weapon. Don't let them get the best of you but if they attack, give them your metal detector and finds and go home. Those can be replaced. Stay safe and get a buddy to go with you. Sketchy people think twice when there's more than one person around.

Good Luck
Randy

Generally today it's a bad idea to hunt alone. I like to hunt by myself too but today it's very risky for anyone of any age or sex.

Always carry a cell phone and pepper spray isn't a bad idea either.

And too, today the value of metal detectors for drugs is known.

Get yourself some buddies and stay out of the bad areas.

teddy

This guy is kinda sketchy...

1sketchy.jpg

UGh RPG. Just look at his eyes. they are the ...sketchiest eyes I've ever seen. they've always sent chills down my spine.

ng

I finally got what 'sketchy' implies from readin all the posts. I think I'd get the tag number off that pickup and report it to the local police, just for their information. You're 14 and this world gets different every day. You're about half-way street smart cause you are aware of your surroundings, so that's a good deal. You can probably whup your weight in wildcats just like me when I was 14 (well I thought I could), but it might be a good deal to get some back-up before you approach a strange vehicle. And there's no point in provoking a confrontation. (I sound like somebody's Dad.)

Nashoba said:

Luck to ya

~Nash~

Amen Nash :icon_thumleft:

Yep best advise is go with someone. If its a bad neighborhood just leave, no coins are worth being attacked. This happened to me last year while I was out detecting with my buddy. It was a crackhead with a bottle and he tried to grab my detector in the middle of a city park in the ghetto. He ran right up to us and threw a bottle at me and lunged for my detector, luckily I blocked the bottle as it was flying at my head. He never got ahold of my detector because I was swinging my shovel like it was an axe.

Attachments

• attacked in chicago park.jpg
    attacked in chicago park.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 3,465
  • attacked in chicago park.jpg
    attacked in chicago park.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 609

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back