What's new

Why ? do so many relic hunters wear cammo.....

T-shirt, tennis shoes, faded blue jeans and an old ratty ballcap.
 
To blend in with the environment, now you see me now you don't lol
Kind of like... The Glimmer Man? Gee, I like Steven Segal movies! TTC
 
Never really thought about it.. But I wear it all the time anyway.. I think it's the being outside and in the woods that people just think camo fits..You can never go wrong wearing camo anyway everything matches with it....
 
I don't wear camo ... I wear carhartt jeans & work pants.... And for extra pockets..... a vest with a lot of pockets ......
 
Why draw any more attention my way when detecting . Jeans , dark clothing ,camo , clothing along these lines all tend , I believe to just make for less of a chance of having a run in with someone who wants to feel better by stopping you from detecting where you happen to be..
 
I wear nice slacks white shirte and a tie, that way when i get caught where i'm not supposed to be, i can claim i'm lost!
 
I wear camo so people can't see me. Durring hunting season I tend to stay out of the woods , because I would be pissed if some relic hunter spooked my deer.
 
I wear camo so I won't get caught when I am dirt poaching. :laughing7:
 
Some of us just stand out in a crowd without the need for cammies, mostly Marines (sorry, couldn't resist). I don't need a jacket full of patches or medals or cammies. I just wear my Marine Corps Cammo cover. A quiet yet profound statement. I will say though, the military, ripstop cotton clothing, camo or otherwise, is comfortable and dries quickly. TTC

Terry.........It's a bit off this thread topic but, i just want to thank you and all the Veterans here for your service to our Country. I am very grateful to you and all our servicemen and women who sacrifice what you guys have that we may have the freedom to enjoy this hobby. :icon_thumright:
 
A big thank you, Flyer! I had 34 or so up till about a year ago. The first was in '93. 23 years after getting out! At THE WALL no less from a fellow who was not yet born when I served. The people here on The Net have FLOODED that number so now I can't remember where you stand.... but standing just as tall as the rest in my books! Tnx agn. Terry
 
You'd really look odd wearing a suit and tie and digging.....or a dress.....
 
A big thank you, Flyer! I had 34 or so up till about a year ago. The first was in '93. 23 years after getting out! At THE WALL no less from a fellow who was not yet born when I served. The people here on The Net have FLOODED that number so now I can't remember where you stand.... but standing just as tall as the rest in my books! Tnx agn. Terry

Not a problem my friend. I have the highest level of respect for the men and women who wear and have worn the uniform. :icon_thumright:
 
because thier hunting silly.
 
Great Responses: "IM NOT PERFECT!" I Did not hear the reason "I DONT want to get caught tresspassing, or for the times I could only get verbal not written permission to hunt a property:laughing7:
 
Not fond of the cammo thing.....conjures up stories about nighthawking, and that's never good for the pastime. JMO.
 
Out of sight out on mind LOL!
 
I only wear camo when hunting Relic Hunter's. :laughing7:

th44.webp
 
I usually wear a grey sweatshirt and blue jeans. . . . if it's hot, a t-shirt and blue jeans. . . oh, and my ball cap. . .
and my knee pads, leather gloves and treasure pouch.

no one ever accused me of a high dollar fashion statement. . . hehe :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom