What's new

Why does excalibur give iron signal on deep/thin gold in fresh water ?

Acquisitor

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
302
Reaction score
126
Golden Thread
0
I have noticed this strange thing in my detector that deep or thin gold tends to give an iron signal (actually its more like a short foil signal followed by disappearing threshold).

why does it do it ? it is my detector or is this normal ?
 
Upvote 0
This is normal for very deep targets as the signal is weak and the Excal thinks it is iron, but still might be foil too. This is why they are so good for water hunting as your not digging up rusty hairpins.
 
A thin non conductive like gold likely is a foil tone. The threshold after a null could be to much sensitivity in mineralized soil along with the factory salt setting. It still knows there is a target..... but if it cant ID it properly as the coil moves past it it nulls. Some call it wrap around. Thats my SWAG.

Dew
 
As with any good detector, deep targets can only be ID so deep. The nice part about the Excal, it will still give a signal even when the target is out of it's ID range. If there is ANY tone with a null, always investigate, sand is easy to dig in.
 
If you air test all types of gold you will find that small gold and thin or foil gold chains register low on the scale.
Right on the edge of iron. I try to dig what every one else passes on just because.
If I am short on time I skip all over the place until I start hitting coins then work slow and easy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom