What's new

Why I LOVE Florida

It's really is America's Gold Coast. I often wonder just how much gold and silver and coinage is lost on Florida beaches every year. It has to be an incredible, completely stunning amount.

Lot of fantastic finds there Casper! :thumbsup: I really like the 18k band with all the rocks.
 
Wow !!!!!!! WTG!!! :occasion14:
 
impressive and I hope to find a little bit of what you are holding. go throw some back for me LOL
 
wow!! do you mainly go to the miami area beaches?
 
I always wanted to go to south beach. maybe one day. great finds casper. thanks for sharing.
 
Do you use a snorkle when hunting? If so, isnt it difficult to use a long handled scoop? You have some really great finds!!!
 
Those are some really nice finds Casper. I wish you would come over to the west coast of Florida and show us how to find that much. I know you are highly skilled at detecting but I also think you pick the right beaches too. Maybe it's time for a few of us west coasters to take a road trip to the east.
 
John - i actually used to go to Gulf coast long ago - Clearwater - Captiva - Sanibel - Siesta key - Venice etc
the pics of gold from those hunts were on my old computer and crashed long ago losing all
never got as much as i have on east coast - but want to do a long trip one of these days and go down one side and up the other - hitting a few beaches each day
 
Wow, great stuff. I lived in FL from 1981 to 2008. The beaches are great down there, as your finds prove it. FL is driven by tourism, so the hot spots are always productive. Miami Beach / Ft.Lauderdale tend to yield some higher end jewelry... since a lot of people like to throw around there money down there to show off. But luckily for you, they seemed to throw it into the water or sand!

I was going to mention Siesta Key by Sarasota, it was already mentioned. The width of the sand is much bigger than a lot of beaches, and you can't beat that sugary white sand. Boca Grande has smaller beaches but are highly concentrated with floods of traffic since it's on an island. Lots of money out there, Burt Reynolds had one of his houses there. Maybe you can find one of his gaudy gold chains from the 80's.

I lived on the Gulf of Mexico side. The water churns more there since the gulf floor drops off sharp, so you get more abrupt choppy waves at the beaches. on the east coast, the seafloor is a gradual decline into depth, so you get long gentle rolling waves into the major beaches.

Daytona Beach, Cocoa Beach, or Panama City Beach after those crazy college folks get done with their Spring Break drunk fests. Your finds after the Spring Break rush would probably be more quantity vs. the quality of things like you show from southeast FL.
 
Shhhh... you just let the cat out of the bag!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom