Why is it taking so darn long for the minelab manticore to hit the store.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab said release in the Spring, it has been released and members are buying it, in fact several members here have one.

dingode

Mar 28, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to do a google search about the worldwide supply chain. Example: Honda is removing the blind spot monitoring from the 2023 CR-V and Accord due to a lack of supplies.

My company has been waiting on a couple of new air compressors for almost a year. The wait is usually 2-3 months at most. Then there are the people. If you really want an eye-opening education, go take a look at the pool of the few people that are actually applying for jobs. Many are next to useless. Where I work we'll have 5-6 new hires in an orientation class and within a month half will be fired or quit. Of the remaining half, most of them would have been fired if we could afford to fire them. It's not just a one industry issue, it's worldwide and is affecting every industry.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand, lazy etc they’ve been around since beginning of time, these products are made in other countries, metal detectors dont require much. Just saying wait list from multiple suppliers are 100 or so. You no what xp deus 2 didn’t take long, heck people are canceling there manticore orders and get that, now that’s not good

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not say one is that much better than the other, briefly, xp deus 2, wireless, 5 year warranty etc, minelab manticore navigation and screen much better, 3 year warranty, but all being even, military folks can save more so that’s my point. March is here and only small percentage have been sent out, I’m saying they are not on store shelves, back order is really is lengthly not good my opin, but many have not received yet

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not say one is that much better than the other, briefly, xp deus 2, wireless, 5 year warranty etc, minelab manticore navigation and screen much better, 3 year warranty, but all being even, military folks can save more so that’s my point. March is here and only small percentage have been sent out, I’m saying they are not on store shelves, back order is really is lengthly not good my opin, but many have not received yet
They are sold world wide not just in America, Minelab manufactures them as fast as the assembly line can produce them.

You say metal detectors don't require much, they do require circuit boards, micro chips and LCD screens, and there is still a worldwide shortage of semiconductors.

ZombieKnot

Dec 25, 2022
Read they were having manufacturing problems with installing the computer chip into the coil. Bad glue!

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
You may want to do a google search about the worldwide supply chain. Example: Honda is removing the blind spot monitoring from the 2023 CR-V and Accord due to a lack of supplies.

My company has been waiting on a couple of new air compressors for almost a year. The wait is usually 2-3 months at most. Then there are the people. If you really want an eye-opening education, go take a look at the pool of the few people that are actually applying for jobs. Many are next to useless. Where I work we'll have 5-6 new hires in an orientation class and within a month half will be fired or quit. Of the remaining half, most of them would have been fired if we could afford to fire them. It's not just a one industry issue, it's worldwide and is affecting every industry.
Why the F is this supply shortage now? What is the reason? Covid is at an end. This is getting ridiculous.

Yes. A metal detector is a grain of sand in shipping.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
McKinney I agree, most others continue To go along with the nonsense of blaming and believing the old status quo, that in there own mind will never change, oh we can’t get a loaf of bread because we have a shortage in the wire twister, yeah it’s not funny but we or most believe any thing they are told, that in itself is why we cant move forward in anything, like oh well. its the truth. I don’t have to be an expert, i seethe darn thing first handed.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what, do you think it is a world wide conspiracy? Did you even read the link I posted, it explains it?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
McKinney I agree, most others continue To go along with the nonsense of blaming and believing the old status quo, that in there own mind will never change, oh we can’t get a loaf of bread because we have a shortage in the wire twister, yeah it’s not funny but we or most believe any thing they are told, that in itself is why we cant move forward in anything, like oh well. its the truth. I don’t have to be an expert, i seethe darn thing first handed.

So what, do you think it is a world wide conspiracy? Did you even read the link I posted, it explains it? I had had to wait on parts for a microwave repair under warranty recently for the same issue, waiting on parts.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunter
let me make this clear , I’m getting to old for Follow the leader, I don’t believe in conspiracies you mentioned it I didn’t. When something can be proved the truth then guess what, you not stupid. I’m tired of believing all the nonsense why th this has been going on way to long and the trend continues , we don’t hold peopl for answers , not conspiracues, I’m to old for this way of thinking

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They are sold world wide not just in America, Minelab manufactures them as fast as the assembly line can produce them.

You say metal detectors don't require much, they do require circuit boards, micro chips and LCD screens, and there is still a worldwide shortage of semiconductors.

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 7.56.47 AM.png

This research company is so indentured to the contracts that our Gov't hands out. We're talking over $100 Million in just the past few years. (Seriously not to be trusted as their views align with WIF)
Anything else would be too political........

Look at the part of the report I copied/pasted and it's throwing this # of years that this supply chain is going to be depressed. It's all about training the flock to believe the narrative that the system isn't going to recover.

There's the magic 2030 number again-the end of ICE and it'll be completely EV manufacturing, is one example.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last edited:

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cant blame the virus , seriously this machine was marketed 6 months ago, there’s no excuse, we find excuses for everything, I’m rather disappointed they should be ashamed taking about a product over 6 months ago, and most are on back orders months ago. Bigboys, Kellyco, sad marketing
perhaps so many people have ordered them, they cannot keep up with all the back orders? I'm amazed at how many guys I watch on Youtube who were swinging the Deus II are now swinging the Manicore. They've all got them. But I have to believe there is still a chip problem in the so called supply chain.

XMRKSpot!

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2021
W. Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant blame the virus , seriously this machine was marketed 6 months ago, there’s no excuse, we find excuses for everything, I’m rather disappointed they should be ashamed taking about a product over 6 months ago, and most are on back orders months ago. Bigboys, Kellyco, sad marketing
They did this with the Equinox, turned out to be worth the wait! I hope this one is as well! Im absolutely with you on this! I ended up buying my 800 from a foreign Country because I am so darn impatient and spoiled! They had them a month before the states did. I paid $250 more for it, I knew I would make my $ back the first day that I had it tho! Bhahaha. It’s a great machine but im a bad operator due to impatience! About 4 months later, i found an 1852 $1 dollar coin ring 18k ring with many diamonds. I found it in W. Texas, at a middle school, get this, it was 1’ deep, in the middle of a concrete sidewalk! I had to dig down 1’ deep, on side of the sidewalk, and then tunnel over 1.5 ft

It valued at $2,290.00. It scratched a lot of my itches
1.) I got my gold coin, real authentic us 1852 one dollar Liberty Head Dollar Coin!
2.) Got my Diamond Ring.
3.) I didn’t end up throwing my Nox 800 into the tree that day! We have been great Buddies ever since!

All my itchy scratchy’s at once! This is a true story, no animals or tree branches hurt in the telling of this story.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked Cab...'s web site. They have it in stock. Limited supply .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread