Why We Feel The Need To Defend the 2nd Amendent

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Dwight Eisenhower, Abraham Lincoln or George Washington could have done it . . . still would be wrong.

If I were president and did it, it would be wrong. If you or TH or Jeff or Marc or anyone else who were president did it it would still be wrong.

Neither party, skin color, nor any factor other than the wrongdoing is important.

So, ALL the blame would be on US Congress... or, MAYBE! The US Supreme Court.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One does not need to amend the constitution to create of change in constitutional law - it is far more often interpreted and supplemented. See below.

The United States Constitution can be changed through the amendment process. Constitutional amendments are added to it, altering its effect. The first ten amendments, ratified by three-fourths of the states in 1791, are known as the Bill of Rights. The Constitution has been amended seventeen additional times (for a total of twenty-seven amendments). Principles of the Constitution, as amended, are applied in courts of law by judicial review.

The Constitution guides American law and political culture. Its writers composed the first constitution of its kind incorporating recent developments in constitutional theory with multiple traditions, and their work influenced later writers of national constitutions. It has been amended over time and it is supplemented and interpreted by a large body of United States constitutional law.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
What its going to boil down to stockpicker is whether or not you would rather live on your feet or live on your knees.Which do you prefer?

My world is not one of absolutes. You are supposing we only have two choices when the world grants us millions.

And I believe the better armed we are with factual knowledge and information the less likely we are to end up on our knees. Folks without end up the pawns of others.

Best

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chadeaux said:
They cannot do that without violating the Constitution. Only CONGRESS can change the Constitution and that only by amendment approved by 2/3 of the States.

But it's the courts that interpret the constitution. A change of it is not needed. Look at the recently expired assault weapon ban. It was enacted without a constitutional amendment - correct? Whether it was right or wrong or people liked it or not it was absolutely constitutional - correct?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont be shy bill.Maybe ask rebel about living on his knees,bet you 10 to 1 he can tell you all about it.As for me I bow or grovel to no man.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And I believe the better armed we are with factual knowledge and information the less likely we are to end up on our knees. Folks without end up the pawns of others.

If somebody pulls a .45 on you is factual knowledge going to save your butt?

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Stockpicker, Anthrax is not "ARMS".
Saran gas is not "ARMS".

No idea of where you are coming from. Those are weapons of mass destruction, not a gun, a sword, or knife.

Chadeaux: This is not an attack. This is a serious reply for further conversation.
1. How do you define a weapon of mass destruction? Is a pipe bomb or a grenade a weapon of mass destruction? It can kill masses at one time.
2. Is a fully automatic weapon that can kill many with the pull of the trigger count? How many have to die before it fits weapons of mass destruction status?
3. If I load sarin gas into a single shot canister and fire into a crowd is that bearing arms? Do you think the forefounders meant only guns? I think they meant any weapon in the arms of a person that can cause death and destruction or be used to defend their freedoms.
4. On the lighter side, what about laser beams? Where do they fit in. It is only a matter of time. Watch Star Trek and Star Wars for reference. If you want 'facts,' google 'sharks with frickin laser beams on their head."

Crispin

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
If somebody pulls a .45 on you is factual knowledge going to save your butt?

The goal of knowledge is to prevent the 45 being pulled on you.

Ill let you shoot it out.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Depends on whose facts they are. If they are your facts, no, probably not. If they are my facts, yes, absolutely.

Hate to tell you crispin,if somebody has intent to kill you youre a dead man.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The goal of knowledge is to prevent the 45 being pulled on you.

It doesnt work that way in the real world stockbroker.If somebody is going to pull on you theyre going to do it.Then what are you going to do.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
It doesnt work that way in the real world stockbroker.If somebody is going to pull on you theyre going to do it.Then what are you going to do.

No offense red, but I don't live my life thinking about what I will do if someone pulls a gun on me. Or what I would do if nuclear war broke out or if the zombie apocalypse comes to pass. So I can't help you with that one.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
0121stockpicker said:
No offense red, but I don't live my life thinking about what I will do if someone pulls a gun on me. Or what I would do if nuclear war broke out or if the zombie apocalypse comes to pass. So I can't help you with that one.

Just as every time I jump in the car I don't think I'm going to get into an accident. Reminds me of this funny tv show called a thousand ways to die. I hike, drive, walk on the street, swim, boat, use chainsaws, axes, big chef knives, etc, etc. all of which could cause untimely death - among a thousand other things I do. Not sure if i could enjoy life if i was worrying that someone is going to "pull on me" every second of the day. Or if the zombies were coming.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And you ASSUME I do LMAO.Sorry stockpicker i dont live that way either.But one of the things i picked up from my brother,prepare your actions ahead of time in your mind for any eventuality.It makes you move that much quicker.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
I agree with Red,again.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
And you ASSUME I do LMAO.Sorry stockpicker i dont live that way either.But one of the things i picked up from my brother,prepare your actions ahead of time in your mind for any eventuality.It makes you move that much quicker.

Only know how I live. I never assume how anyone else thinks or live. I got enough trouble just thinking about myself!! Best.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Be prepared stockpicker.Its better to have something and not need it that to need it and not have it.Why do you think theres a spare tire in your car.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
Be prepared stockpicker.Its better to have something and not need it that to need it and not have it.Why do you think theres a spare tire in your car.

I agree. Take care.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as every time I jump in the car I don't think I'm going to get into an accident. Reminds me of this funny tv show called a thousand ways to die. I hike, drive, walk on the street, swim, boat, use chainsaws, axes, big chef knives, etc, etc. all of which could cause untimely death - among a thousand other things I do. Not sure if i could enjoy life if i was worrying that someone is going to "pull on me" every second of the day. Or if the zombies were coming.

When you jump in that car, do you put on a seatbelt, if so why? Did you have a premonition you were going to be in a car accident, or did you put it on just in case? Do you have life insurance, why? Do you do an annual checkup at a doctor, why?

I carry a loaded pistol in my car when I leave the house for the very same reason I put on my seatbelt in the car. I am waiting on my license to carry to be issued for the very same reason I put on my seatbelt....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread