What's new

Wide AM penny error???

Shake-N-Bake

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
647
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hello everyone,
I was looking through pennies that I have looking for error which I usually don't do so I am not familiar with errors. These to me look like the 1999 wide "AM" versions. Please let me know if that is what they are. All of the other pennies don't have the space between the A and M. Also anyone know what the going rate is for these errors. The coins are high "AU" condition. There is two different coins in the pictures. the first two pictures are the first coin and the third picture is of the second coin.
Thanks,
Jason
 

Attachments

  • WideAM1.webp
    WideAM1.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 396
  • wideAM2.webp
    wideAM2.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,505
  • wideAM3.webp
    wideAM3.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 671
Upvote 0
Sure looks like the Wide AM variety to me....and if its the 1999 version....that's a toughie. 1998 and 2000 are fairly common, but 1999 is considerably more difficult.

I have yet to find the 1999, but I have found like 10 of each of the 1998 and 2000. Even found a 1992-D Close AM last year....still trying to figure the value on that one and a 1984 Doubled Ear.

This year I decided to skip error searching just due to my personal time constraints.
 
Hi!
Really not sure about those pics. The letters don't necessarily have to be touching on the business strikes. The best way to tell for sure is to compare the distance between the monument and the FG (designer's initials). Also the S lettering will have serifs on them on the true wide 99. Hope this helps.

Happy Hunting!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom