What's new

Wife and I back to the fairgrounds today :)

weasel606

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We went to the fairgrounds again for a couple hours before the humidity set in today I took my Bounty Hunter with fresh batteries since I went out yesterday an got about 15 minutes of a hunt in then the batteries went dead so that ended before it started :BangHead: Today the wife kicked my butt again, At some point if this keeps up I will have to admit she is better at this :icon_scratch: but its not today :laughing7: Today she found 11 quarters 4 dimes and 2 pennies for a total of $3.17 while I found 7 quarters 4 dimes 1 nickle and 8 pennies for a total of $2.28 so for this trip its a total of $5.55 both together :thumbsup: looking forward to cleaning some coins an cashing in later in the year before winter :tongue3: in the picture her finds are left of the pencil an thanks for looking :hello:
 

Attachments

  • august 8 2015 morning hunt.webp
    august 8 2015 morning hunt.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 14
Looks like a cladfest. Great that your wife enjoys the hobby too. Congrats.
 
Nice hunt. You know you don't need to clean coins, just rinse off the dirt and they will run through a coin counting machine just fine.
 
Thanks KS and Susan :thumbsup: Some of my coins are really bad though and I like to hear that tumbler rolling :occasion14:
 
Those fairgrounds are nice sites that get replenished every year.
 
Glad you and your wife enjoy detecting together.
 
Thanks WV Hilljack and RJ55 :occasion14: 2 other counties close to us have fairs this coming week and the week after ! So we may be going to check them out also atleast that's the plan :thumbsup:
 
Are there any beaches near you? Should hit them if you have any, get that silver and gold in your hands!!!
 
Thanks RingFinder but no beaches here, Just muddy shoreline along the Ohio River an creeks :unhappysmiley:
 
Thanks RingFinder but no beaches here, Just muddy shoreline along the Ohio River an creeks :unhappysmiley:

Muddy shorelines can produce some good finds. I would check them out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom