Wife Wanted To Go...

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was heading out the door to detect and my wife said she wanted to go. We drove 3/4 of a mile to a chiseled corn field with long gone farm houses. I started swinging my AT Pro and it didn't take long to find a target. Rang up 55 on the VDI. Dug the plug and started in with my trowel and carrot. Next thing I hear a "crunch" noise and hear my wife say, "I broke it!" She stepped on the rod of the AT and it broke clean in half. Found my target, a piece of brass tubing. Well, short hunt and time to go. Fixed the AT with a piece of dowel and some screws. If it holds it will be a battle scar. If it fails I'll buy a replacement part. I didn't say a word to my wife. She's a great woman. (and super cook) Married 34 yrs. so how could I get down on her?
Gary

AT Pro.JPG DSC08420.JPG

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said, it was an accident.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgive and forget...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like Forest Gump said: " **it happens"
Is that a photo of the mrs out with the dog now?.:laughing7:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please tell her that we (or better - you) don't think she looks heavy enough to break the detector shaft...

Also, if she is interested in going with you, then she may be ready to try the hobby with you. Perhaps you could give her the old AT and get a new machine for Christmas. I would think there will never be a time for less resistance to a new detector purchase than now.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gary it sounds to me like tis a good reason to buy a new machine lol

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
On my 30th anniversary, 15 years ago, I asked my wife, "Have we been married 30 years?"

She said, "Yes."

I said, "It seems so much longer." Yes, I make jokes like that, but assumed it would make her angry.

She said, "I agree, it does seem much longer than 30 years." Hahaha.

If accidentally breaking your machine is the worst thing she ever did, you are blessed by God.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been married 32 years and I would gladly let my wife step on my detector.......if she would join me out using it.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a very ingenious way to have fixed the shaft. I've been married for 35 years, and if my wife would detect with me, I would gladly let her break a part or two on a detector just to have her out there and enjoy in the excitement of finding something ! Congrats on your long marriage also.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2021 will be 40 years married for my wife and I. This past Sept 19 marked 45 years since we met in college.

She used to come along and dig for me on beaches when she thought she would not be seen with me LOL. After digging some nice rings, she expressed interest, and used a spare machine until I got her one of her own. I know she is very competitive, so I can get her to hunt a spot by telling her not to bother "over there". I once told her not to bother at the entrance to an old barn, and off she went. She came back after a bit with a handful of old silver dimes and quarters - found right at the barn. We still joke about it when we decide who hunts where...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread