As this 20 page thread indicates...people have fled to buy other machines.
Likely not so (stating they "fled" like some sort of mass exodus), they're simply showing their dissatisfaction of not being able to see something they likely had no interest in buying anyway. So they try to may it seem like they've really hurt Tesoro by purchasing another brand (if they even did), akin to "I'm taking my ball and going home".
An understanding of design and marketing is fairly elementary for any intelligent consumer.
As a consumer...it is obviously easier to complain about a manufacturers decision making that starting your own company.
I realize your post is sarcasm (I smiled at it

).....if I had a penny for every Tesoro users sarcastic post about how everybody else is wrong and Tesoro is the messiah of MDing....I would be that overnight millionaire.


I'll exit now...as I am no Tesoro hater and I will be damned if a fanboy full court press traps me into looking like one. Tesoros are fine machines....enjoy the Cazador.
Then what's stopping you from producing a line of "new and improved" detectors that would out-sell and out-perform the current Tesoro line? And my post wasn't sarcasm, but since you didn't have any sort of answer as to why you don't start your own manufacturing business, I can see why you claim to see it as so, as well as making me a "fanboy"

? Do you notice I DO own 2 other brand of detectors?
Don't know that I'll even have an interest in the Caz if they ever produce one, didn't have one in the Outlaw, but only because I really don't need another detector. I guess if I wanted one I'd buy one, Tesoro or not, but in the meanwhile, I'm not gonna complain about what Tesoro (or any other company) isn't doing to satisfy me.
Ditto, enjoy your Teso.....oh wait, nevermind
there are over 300 responses to this and all, but from a few peoples, are negative. you would think that would trigger some kind of creditable response from someone actually at tesoro. just shows the total disregard for their customers opinions. if i had a business and customers had a forum specifically for my product. i would be, or an employee, scanning through it 1-2 times a week. see what gripes, problems, and opinions from those customers and reply to those issues in an adult, civil, and professional manner. certainly i would not need an outsider speaking for me who has no more idea of what is going on with the company than anyone else. yet, claiming they do and making it worse. that should be embarrassing. if a person or a company can not stand up and speak for themselves, it is a sign of weakness. always has been and always will be. the only thing we have got in over a year is a drunkin rant meltdown reply from this Nathan, whom i would have fired on the spot over that, and made an apology for it. so, the worshipers can believe what they will. but, this is reality whether you can accept it or not.
Why should they have to pay someone to "defend" them in social media such as a thread on an internet forum? You do realize costs like those get passed onto consumers, right? No company pleases everyone all the time, and attempting to do so would simply be a waste of time and resources.
I'll admit I didn't read every page of this thread (didn't need to, was just a rehash), but it seemed there were people who called Tesoro to have their questions answered, did you, or do you prefer to have someone else do it and relay the info to you?
I see you failed to address my question as well as to why you don't start your own manufacturing company as well, maybe TheHunterGT would partner-up with ya? It's a simple question nobody has cared to address.
Don't you guys like money and want to be set for life? Laying on the beach sipping on little umbrella drinks having the native girls fan you and feed you grapes sounds pretty good to me, and you've clearly shown as well you have a much better grasp on what the MD community wants/needs.
But I find one thing to be true each time I use the Tesoro, I have FUN!
There ya go! That's what it's all about, and that holds true with ANY brand detector.