What's new

William & Mary Copper

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
4,107
Reaction score
2,717
Golden Thread
3
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZDD and Me.

Got out for 6 hours swinging today. Man it was like summer here.
I got my second ever W & M half penny, clear date 1692, and is much better than my first.

I kept the odd little hammer out of the two pouches of iron junk.
Other coppers are a GEO II, a couple of Nova Scotia pieces, and one scrappy.

IMG_2059.webp

IMG_2060.webp

IMG_2064.webp

The Obverse side is pretty slick, but I'm quite pleased with a best of type.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 48
Wow now that is something we don't see everyday on here! Congrats
 
nice find Rick...must have been a real light strike on the obverse of those coins. I picked up a 1686 a couple years ago of the same type and also with a slick obverse.
 
Good going on that one for sure! [emoji106]
 
Great day for sure! Nice save on the 1692 w&m copper and in pretty sweet condition. Keep at it and best of luck and happy hunting
 
Love the W and M. A 1694 farthing find was what stoked my fire 3 yrs ago after 20 yrs off from detecting.
 
Yhanks for sharing your finds I would love a hunt like that good job!!!!!!
 
Thanks everyone very much.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom