What's new

William & Mary Copper

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
4,107
Reaction score
2,717
Golden Thread
3
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZDD and Me.

Got out for 6 hours swinging today. Man it was like summer here.
I got my second ever W & M half penny, clear date 1692, and is much better than my first.

I kept the odd little hammer out of the two pouches of iron junk.
Other coppers are a GEO II, a couple of Nova Scotia pieces, and one scrappy.

IMG_2059.webp

IMG_2060.webp

IMG_2064.webp

The Obverse side is pretty slick, but I'm quite pleased with a best of type.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 48
Cool! Cool!

aj
 
Hey man that's a killer early copper in nice condition. I'm yet to get one of those out of the dirt. Great to see you get out my friend
 
Congrats on the W & M Rick. Looks like you guys were on a nice early site.
 
Congrats on the W & M Rick. Looks like you guys were on a nice early site.

Yeah quite early, we were praying for an early silver as I got a couple 300+ year old coins from this site previously.
 
Good to see you getting out once again..You are right...was like summer...wish I was doing the same thing as you today...soon I hope..
 
Now that's a good pile of copper. That's a copper I'm really hoping for some day. I've three William 3rds, but never a W&M.

Super finds Rick
 
Wow, great finds! Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
You dog! That one is still on my list but I just haven't been able to put my coil over one....it may help if I actually go out and dig. Nice find
 
Congratualtions on the keepers! That 1692 is a great find! :occasion14:
 
William & Mary Copper

You dog! That one is still on my list but I just haven't been able to put my coil over one....it may help if I actually go out and dig. Nice find

Yes, to get out and dig is the trick! Lately I find myself in the same position; Absolutely no time here to go out either Joey.
 
Congrats on an awesome 1600's coin. I was lucky enough to find one last year and its my oldest coin. Awesome!
 
Last edited:
That's pretty darn cool, great day of hunting right there!
 
Yeah no doubt this time!
 
Awesome hunt Rick and great bunch of coppers. That W&M half penny is in great shape with a really nice patina... I like how the front of that coin has double busts of the king and queen. Great hunt man.
 
Nice job on your 17th century copper, and that's great you were able to get a full date. What's up with Dave? Haven't heard from him in a while.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom