What's new

Willows first sheds of 2026

Oldrvrrat57

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Messages
979
Reaction score
6,360
Golden Thread
1
Location
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looking like they had just recently dropped! Showing blood still ,usually don't find them this close together!
1000008067.webp
1000008061.webp
 
Last edited:
There are 3D printed Euromount skulls showing up this year.
interesting.

I'm not promoting one over the other. Just providing an example.
The first I saw had longer "plugs" to attach to the antlers before inserting into the skull.
 
It's not too early to be dropping. Three years ago, on Dec. 14, I came across a fresh complete 8 point shed. Before the snow storm hit last weekend, there were folks out finding sheds.
I usually wait until the 2 week of February but a friend stopped by that also shed hunts and said he had been finding a few since the middle of December. Seeing where they have been digging in the snow looking for something to eat , probably knocking them off in doing so!!
 
I see bucks on our property all the time, yet have never found a single shed antler.
 
I see bucks on our property all the time, yet have never found a single shed antler.
I have 2 acres of prairie grass. The deer bed in there. Two years ago I burned it in the spring and found a pair of sheds. They got a bit toasty. This spring, I’ll walk around in there and look for more before I light it up.
IMG_2442.webp
 
I have 2 acres of prairie grass. The deer bed in there. Two years ago I burned it in the spring and found a pair of sheds. They got a bit toasty. This spring, I’ll walk around in there and look for more before I light it up.View attachment 2242993
That's a nice set!!
 
Elk are within miles of where I live, but I have never found a shed while out hiking or shed hunting for deer drops. Actually, I have no interest in finding a elk shed. I would bring one home if I found one, but would probably give it to someone else. My wife asks me if I found an elk shed when I come home, so I don't think she would let me get rid of it.
 
3 weeks ago I found a huge 4 point shed here in Illinois, I wish I would have found the other half. This is about the right time for sheds up here.
I usually find 6 or 8 each season with the help of my Black lab. Started hunting them when she was a pup about 5 years ago. I also live and hunt in Illinois
 
We had two bucks come up to the yard today. One still had his antlers, the other had dropped them (the spots where they should have been were still slightly bloody). After they went on their way, we walked all over the property but did not find any sheds. The biggest thing we learned is that the deer go *everywhere*. The snow made that quite obvious.
 
WOW Great DOG !!! Is it for SALE ? LOL
did you train it to find them
Wouldn't sell her for anything!! Started taking her out when she was just a pup , her mother was also trained to hunt deer sheds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom